Om642 intake manifold swirl flap motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IFFY100

Car
Cls 350 cdi 2010 grand edition
I'm doing the oil cooler seals on my car and thought about buying a new motor. Phoned merc today and they quoted £220 for the part (ouch). Now I'm thinking twice about it. How long should the motor last and what should I look for to test functionality? What causes these motors to go?

Mine just went after 12 years and 80k miles. Not going to be easy to assess the life left in an operational unit. They don’t do a great deal and the engine works fine without them in operation so if it does fail you can fit the resistor. Depends how you feel about that. If I have to go in for the seals I would spend my money cleaning up the inlet track and then just make sure they are fully open.

How long have you had the resistor hack in place mate?

I don’t need the resistor in now as I mapped the motor out. Still need to keep it disconnected though as the motor is short circuit.

I'm doing the oil cooler seals on my car and thought about buying a new motor. Phoned merc today and they quoted £220 for the part (ouch).
Check your part numbers carefully, but £140 ish depending on the discount you can bag

If you register, add it to your cart, and then walk away from you PC for a few days, you might get some 40% or more discounts pop into your email inbox
Also worth registering, downloading the app, adding to the cart in the app, and loading up the app and looking at the item in your cart for a few days.
You tend to build up a stacking discount.

when i bought my motor it was £87.49 its a bit more now but still a good price.

swirl flap motor £107.39 this is the exact one on my merc from this seller, i checked fitment for your 350 and its fits.

for me it was a no brainer, if i am replacing the swirl flap arms i want a new motor for them as it will be worn, new link arm clips as well to go on the link end ball mounts.

If you are taking it all off to do the seals replace it all with new.

Now then... are you sure you dont want me to clean those manifolds out for you and then fit the new swirl flap arms, save you time and do it for free?? same with the exhaust exchanger pipe that feeds to front pipes?

How long have you had the resistor hack in place mate?
Don't bodge it. You're going in the right direction as it is. Motors - any motor - generally fail when overloaded. Getting everything moving freely will give yours the best chance of survival.

The whole swirl flap mechanism is there for a reason.

when i bought my motor it was £87.49 its a bit more now but still a good price.

swirl flap motor £107.39 this is the exact one on my merc from this seller, i checked fitment for your 350 and its fits.

My motor has just died too , i had a look & i think it should fit but could you check for me please .
2010 e350 c207 3.0 diesel

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom