OM642 Oil Cooler Gasket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

manjimonkey

Car
2011, E350 Diesel
As title. I need to get mine sorted.

I am going to do it myself and have found alot of online resource to complete the job with regard to taking the engine to bits to gain access to the oil cooler.

One question I have is regarding gaskets and other items. anyone got a link to a decent online source for the parts or best to just go to Merecedes direct.

Also while I'm in there doing the job is there any other parts worth changing whist its apart?

If anyone has any advice then let me know also....................

I am going to do it myself and have found alot of online resource to complete the job with regard to taking the engine to bits to gain access to the oil cooler.

One question I have is regarding gaskets and other items. anyone got a link to a decent online source for the parts or best to just go to Merecedes direct.

Also while I'm in there doing the job is there any other parts worth changing whist its apart?

member @unclebuck did a big thread on it somewhere as well

I did search but couldn't find anything.

Link if you can find it ????

I did mine last year got all the seals and gaskets from mb they are very reasonably priced, while the manifolds were off I would decoke and clean them also remove the egr and clean and make sure the swirl flaps are all working as they should, the linkages were worn on mine so I ordered some aluminium ones off eBay. When Refitting everything make sure all mating faces are clean and tighten bolts to the specified torque values. I would take some pictures as you're taking bits off just to be sure and there are some good videos on YouTube, watching them beforehand was helpful too. It's time consuming but not difficult if done methodically once done you will be well satisfied. Good luck let us know how you get on.

Take your time, get the right tools, take lots of pictures ,bag and label all your bolts as you remove them, lots of brake cleaner and paper towels deffoe get a telescopic magnet for dropped bolts
good luck

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. tools got everything I need, watched loads of videos and read loads of info. Rebuild engines and cars before so doing this doesn't bother me, just wanted to make sure I'm doing it right.

Couple more questions.

Does anyone have a list of part numbers of a good link to all the parts I need to order, as may as well go direct to MB......????

Also any link to the torque settings, I have found info on the cooler torque, inlet manifolds and also the need to torque then 60 degree the fuel lines.

Anything else that I've missed?????????

Thanks for the info.

I'll go to my local dealer and get the bits ordered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom