Om642 P0101 no turbo.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iskapsts

Car
2008 viano lwb 3.0cdi
Hi Guys, there been some few posts regards “P0101 mass or volume A circuit range/performance “few years ago but none of them had real conclusion to fix the problem and my engine and situation is slightly different from those hence new thread
Couple days ago while pulling hard off lay bay on A421 van juddered mil came on and shut turbo,
There is no upper speed limit or rpm limit so after nearly 2 minutes I can achieve 60mph and more.
I’ve spent whole yesterday to collect info about similar issues with same engine before I dig in to my. I’m mechanically minded and been fixing all problems my self including injector cleaning etc. however I don’t have much knowledge about om642 as have it only few months.
Things I did: took out and cleaned maf,checked connections, cleared codes no luck turbo still out. Did live data test on maf,20-65g/s and responds to throttle.
P0101 reads mass or volume airflow A circuit range/performance,in my mind maf cannot be the problem as he detected lower air flow outside its preset range,
Things I consider to try:clean egr in case it stuck,
My best bet goes to swirl flaps they might be stuck open/close as motor jammed or burned,so willing to try 4.7k resistor trick and see at what position rods are to determine flaps position.
Also will check turbo and all seals.
I have to plea to others if anyone have experience this and managed to solve,I know that even same om642 with. P0101 might have different problem but always worth to check.
As ecu has stopped turbo for reason.
Vehicle in question is 08 viano 3.0cdi
regards
igors

Attachments

• BD587ADD-0081-4FCC-86DE-1931D58696D6.jpeg
    BD587ADD-0081-4FCC-86DE-1931D58696D6.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 5
Could be turbo actuator

Also inspected intake pipe all seems clean,engine revs past 3k but it’s way quieter as turbo won’t spool up.
Car started to be a pain month after bought it leaking injectors,followed by rattling TC(been ready quoted £1300 for box recon.but at moment so broke as cannot afford it, but doubt that these two would be connected.as any box issues would put it in limp not cut turbo and throw p0101

Hi guys, just a quick update on this and MARK AS SOLVED, ive beeen driving without turbo for about 6 months around 2.8k miles.
after months of check this check that it was enough and i decided to invest in star diagnosis kit purchase, the simplest C3 multiplexer , cables,laptop (with developer mod) second hand of ebay of a great chap on bidding £360 and its the best thing i ever invested in as a mercedes owner :)
I did quiet a research which made me confident that p0101 =2633-001 (component B207 hot film mass air flow sensor offset drift under engine load) just need an adaptation, yes dealer is just a mile away£160/h, shouted out for local indie noone in 20 mile radious, if this offdrift occured once it can happen again any time till the root is found and at every occourance you need adaptation so buying star kit is best option, it took 3 minutes of adaptation and it became alive right away kicked me back in seat in no time :), but its never ending story on this viano as it seemingly breaks appart as i drive it.
Thanks for every one's help here.adaptations.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom