OM642 Turbo Actuator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

t-dawg1

Car
Mercedes W211
Update on my intermittent kangarooing/jerking:

: Well Mercedes said i could not get the actuator on its own so needed to buy a whole turbo for £1500. Went to my indie who said he knew a place who could recondition it for £350+VAT. I was not convinced coz after some research I found out how to take the actuator off the turbo myself which I did and found a place in Leicester that recondition these for £79.99...I thought it sounded too good to be true so I took a gamble as their EBay reviews looked very impressive. Very fast turn around got the actuator back within 24hrs and plugged it back onto the car(20mins ish) and wow what a difference. Car pulls with more power now and even managed 45mpg which is never got before. I highly recommend these guys to anyone with such fault..it's not always the turbo as the dealer would suggest and for £79.99 surely it's worth a punt

image-92564042.jpg

Just to Add the Actuator came back looking like a brand new one so they are genuine folk. Guy called Soni was ever so helpful on the phone to put me at ease as I was a i bit sceptical considering how reasonable their price was...it also comes with a 2 year warranty

image-2467219541.jpg image-3118164619.jpg image-2868832230.jpg

What was the guys name on eBay? Edit- just remembered you messaged me when you posted this :) thx mine will be going off for refurb asap

Herishi said:
What was the guys name on eBay? Edit- just remembered you messaged me when you posted this :) thx mine will be going off for refurb asap

Have done over 2K miles since the actuator was refurbished and it hasn't given any issues but infact has more power than before. Highly recommend these guys

My E280 CDI has just started playing up and code 2510-001 &2616-002 So this looks perfect for me although my local indy has said I need a new turbo and all extras ie gaskets & servo motor so as you all know that's not cheap and not an option! How easy is it to take Actuator out?
Am useless with mechanics of any kind am ashamed to say! But I could ask a pal to disconnect for me and send it off, I'd love to know which of the companies the OP used ???

Just to Add the Actuator came back looking like a brand new one so they are genuine folk. Guy called Soni was ever so helpful on the phone to put me at ease as I was a i bit sceptical considering how reasonable their price was...it also comes with a 2 year warranty

View attachment 53370 View attachment 53371 View attachment 53372

View attachment 53370 View attachment 53371 View attachment 53372
Heyy how can i ask you something on LS. Can you help me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom