Om651 engine egr valve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arniem

Car
Mercedes benz E220 c207 coupe
Hi everyone, I'm new here and already have the dreaded egr question.
I have a c207 coupe with the om651 engine the egr valve is faulty and needs replaced. I have got as far as I can but access appears to be extremely difficult. I will attach a pic of where I have got to.
Do I need to remove other parts to gain better access? Do I need to go at it from below?
Any help on this would be very much appreciated.
Also if this has already been covered please forgive me, and point me towards the thread.

Attachments

• 20220514_143431.jpg
    20220514_143431.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
This doesn't look promising that no one on this whole forum can help with this.

This doesn't look promising that no one on this whole forum can help with this.
It is the weekend, perhaps have some patience?

I think you need to remove the big cowl / engine surround that surrounds the rear of the engine to gain more access. Its is possible from the top of the engine, to do the egr valve .

Have a watch of this.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I had one of these out a few months ago to replace the inlet manifold. There are two bolts at the the back of the engine and three bolts down the right hand side. They are hard to get at. Use wobbly extensions and flexible extensions, they are really necessary.
I did not take off the bulkhead heat shield, but it is a tight fit.
The bottom bolts are best undone from underneath. You will have to remove the vacuum actuator to get to one of the underneath bolts.

While you are there have a good look at the oil cooler and the inlet manifold for any leakages....and if you still have the original diesel filter heater/holder change it now for the modified one. There are only two types of the original heater; those that have leaked and those that are about to leak.
of course, at this late stage you probably have all of that done😇

im imagining doing this job soon! i can see these 2 bolts right at the back -need to do a manifold clean on mine

my brother got his done on his e250 cdi and my god it made a MASSIVE mpg difference ! uses to get 450 to 50 litres of diesel on motorway now he can get 600 if gentle or 550

I had one of these out a few months ago to replace the inlet manifold. There are two bolts at the the back of the engine and three bolts down the right hand side. They are hard to get at. Use wobbly extensions and flexible extensions, they are really necessary.
I did not take off the bulkhead heat shield, but it is a tight fit.
The bottom bolts are best undone from underneath. You will have to remove the vacuum actuator to get to one of the underneath bolts.

While you are there have a good look at the oil cooler and the inlet manifold for any leakages....and if you still have the original diesel filter heater/holder change it now for the modified one. There are only two types of the original heater; those that have leaked and those that are about to leak.
of course, at this late stage you probably have all of that done😇
how can you tell if the oil cooler is faulty? doesn't its go faulty on the inside
is there any tests that can be done to check for it leaking

Screenshot_20220922-121033_Chrome.jpg

Hot exhaust gasses into a plastic inlet manifold , what a crazy idea .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom