OM651 OEM Timing chain kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E220Zar

Car
W212 E220 2015
Hello Everyone,
Looking for advice here. I have a W212 E220 Bluetec 2015 OM651 that has got the known timing chain rattle. It has been sitting for 4 weeks now waiting on local Mercedes dealer to get the chain and tensioner. Today they said they need 3-4 weeks more which I cannot wait.
Spoke to few Indys around the area and they suggested that I replace it with an OEM kit if I cannot wait for Mercedes.

Question is what are recommended brands for this kit as these crucial components. I know IWIS used to be the manufacturer for Mercedes timing chains on older models, not sure about new models.

If anyone has replaced the OM651 timing chain kit with an OEM kit, please share the brand and the experience.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Febi do a kit for the OM651 and they are a reputable brand. The wait is annoying, have you tried sourcing it from another main dealer? Mercs of Newcastle or Edinburgh are both excellent when I have used them.

I stuck with genuine Merc kit for mine but was given the choice of OEM or Febi..

Febi do a kit for the OM651 and they are a reputable brand. The wait is annoying, have you tried sourcing it from another main dealer? Mercs of Newcastle or Edinburgh are both excellent when I have used them.

I stuck with genuine Merc kit for mine but was given the choice of OEM or Febi..
Thank you for the response mate. I spoke to Mercedes Newcastle since I buy my oil from them, they say the same story. No luck with Edinburgh either.

Most suggested INA and Febi both. Have to make a decision before the weekend.

Thank you for the response mate. I spoke to Mercedes Newcastle since I buy my oil from them, they say the same story. No luck with Edinburgh either.

Most suggested INA and Febi both. Have to make a decision before the weekend.
INA are the high quality makers of lots of chains and gears . I read that a while ago when I was researching the M271 chain/gears

INA are the high quality makers of lots of chains and gears . I read that a while ago when I was researching the M271 chain/gears
Appreciate your response mate. How was the experience with the INA kit. Have you had any trouble at all. How many miles have you done since the replacement?

Appreciate your response mate. How was the experience with the INA kit. Have you had any trouble at all. How many miles have you done since the replacement?
I was just researching when I came across it as a very good make . Have a look at AUTODOC as a source of timing chain kits .
Im not speaking from any experience, just what I’d read

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom