OM651 Oil leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBYorkie

Car
2014 C220
Hi all. Wondering if anyone can help.
I have 2014 C-class estate with the om651 engine. I have an oil leak which looks as though is coming from the oil filter housing. I've had the three O ring seals replaced and still got the leak. So my mechanic had another go the week later with three new seals, ran it up and it's leaking again. The question is, has anyone had any experience of this in case we're missing something or maybe is there something else around there that it might be. I spoke to a mechanic at my local MB dealer but he hadn't had any experience of this. Could it be possible the housing has mis-shaped slightly as it is the plastic sort. Unfortunately the housing can't be bought separate from the oil cooler so comes out around £120, even though they are separate units.

Thanks in anticipation.

Couldn't say for sure. Do you think this could be the cause if not?

Had the same thing on mine - due to a cracked oil filter housing. Indy in Totton quoted 2 hrs for the change - total bill was under £300 IIRC

The OM651 has problems with some of these plastic parts, Fuel Filter housing, Water Pump.

Considering the cost of a new cooler/housing I'd just replace it with the latest no doubt improved version.

You will soon end up at £120 in labour for taking things off and on a few times.

Thanks for the replies. Already had the Fuel filter housing done last year. Will get the new oil filter one fitted asap.

Thanks again.

Think it would be like this one on ebay. Looks like the unit screws out with an o ring on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201022-200521_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20201022-200521_eBay.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom