OMG PLEASE HELP!!! W211 E320 CDi just broke down..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

k086956

Banned
PLEASE HELP!!! W211 E320 CDi just broke down..

Hi i have just had a massive scare with the car. It broke down, and i barely got it home!

Upon acceleration i got no power just a horrible whining noise. I must emphasise the whining noise. No flashing lights etc.
:(

I have the AA coming to have a look at the car.

Anyone have any advice?

Its a 2003 model, without a valeo rad. It has the behr rad..

Anyone know any decent independents in Wolverhampton?

Thanks

EDIT: Just had the AA down they said its most likely the torque converter or a gearbox pump..

Last edited:
Hi i have just had a massive scare with the car. It broke down, and i barely got it home!

Upon acceleration i got no power just a horrible whining noise. I must emphasise the whining noise. No flashing lights etc.
:(

I have the AA coming to have a look at the car.

Anyone have any advice?

Its a 2003 model, without a valeo rad. It has the behr rad..

Anyone know any decent independents in Wolverhampton?

Thanks
If you have had a service at an MB dealer in the last two years, you can use the free MobiloLife breakdown cover and get to an MB dealer. If it is serious you may find Mercedes will make a goodwill contribution. They often do. Worth asking.

PM television who may be able to tell you what the problem is if you describe the symptoms.

If you have had a service at an MB dealer in the last two years, you can use the free MobiloLife breakdown cover and get to an MB dealer. If it is serious you may find Mercedes will make a goodwill contribution. They often do. Worth asking.

PM television who may be able to tell you what the problem is if you describe the symptoms.

Television is "no longer" on here. I bet you think you've posted on the .org forum.

We have technical gurus like DM on here.

It could be the pump but sounds like it's scavenging air or no ATF. The first check would be to see if the ATF filter is blocked or indeed torn off and blocked the pickup pipe, after that it's probably the pump gone.

It could be the pump but sounds like it's scavenging air or no ATF. The first check would be to see if the ATF filter is blocked or indeed torn off and blocked the pickup pipe, after that it's probably the pump gone.

Yeah defo sounds like its scavanging for air. When the car is in "P" or "N" the car revs as per normal. However i can hear the whine when i put it into D and does not move.

Defo gearbox related the AA guy seems to think.

I am taking it into Mercedes Wolverhampton. Anyone have any idea on how long such a problem could take to fix? More importantly how £££ :(??

Television is "no longer" on here. I bet you think you've posted on the .org forum.

We have technical gurus like DM on here.
My mistake. I thought the ban would have been lifted by now as it has been elsewhere.

Television got banned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom