OMG - Rockingham Race Circuit's never had so many cars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
BBC news Northampton website with aerial views of unsold cars parked on the circuit, all seem to be registered.

They have been doing that for ages. It’s what they bought it for in 2018.

50,000 cars. And still car dealers can't be asked to give the service history of the cars they sell

Covid19 lending to the car industry: why not just tie cash up in depreciating assets ?

Covid-19: Thousands of unwanted vehicles stored at Rockingham

_117042674_hi065763216.jpg

_117042622_hi065757537.jpg

Most of them are Vauxhalls, new Corsas especially , all with number plates.

Most of them are Vauxhalls, new Corsas especially , all with number plates.
Pre-registered, so the dealers get their commission on sales from the manufacturer? Then sold on as "used", probably to fleet operators, at a discount

Pre-registering also improves the manufacturers' market share statistics. I'd guess that Ford are pre-registering lots of Fiestas to stay ahead of the Corsa.

On my way back from Hull today I noticed that the new vehicles that are normally parked up by the side of the 62 have gone ?

There’s one like that in Cambridgeshire somewhere. It’s an old airbase which is chock full of VAG products including Bentleys. I couldn’t quite get my head around it.

We used it in June 2019 for a drink stop on the Tour Of Cambridge cycle ride. I did start a thread on here at the time.

I think it was Alconbury.

Last edited:

There’s one like that in Cambridgeshire somewhere. It’s an old airbase which is chock full of VAG products including Bentleys. I couldn’t quite get my head around it.

We used it in June 2019 for a drink stop on the Tour Of Cambridge cycle ride. I did start a thread on here at the time.

I think it was Alconbury.
USAF Alconbury as was. I was a chain boy for a surveying company back in the late 60's and we had the job of doing a survey of the runway , mid summer , tarmac gets bloody hot. They used to fly Phantoms from there.

Alconbury - for a small place many of us seem to had an interaction...........involved with a factory build there a few years back, amazed at the number of stored cars plus the fact that the dirt, grime, dust and muck must have played havoc with the paintwork.

The motor industry makes its money from servicing and .access to cheap money to provide consumer credit.

Manufacturing is just a break even thing to keep the rest of the business running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom