OMG What's Happened to the Forum...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The forum is lightning fast compared to the old forum! Really enjoying using it.

Reactions: GLK
I'm afraid it's working slower for me, not half as responsive :(

The forum is lightning fast compared to the old forum! Really enjoying using it.
Yes, same here :)
Also, the mouse over events, and marking forums read, are much faster, than the "other side".

Yes , I'm still getting 'insufficient privileges' in OT section too . There was something about subscribing mentioned in another thread , but I don't see where or how this is done - different people seem to be having different user experiences - I've tried accessing this both on my phone and on my Macs , still locked out on both . Tried 'watching' the OT forum , no difference , I see some people can post there , but I can't , although I can post here just fine ...

Maybe it's something to do with certain protocols not being fully compliant with Safari / macOS?
I'm using Macs too.

One thing 'missing' is the car and location (OK, two things) from a poster's details. T'was most useful when replying to "Who near me's got a widget for my car?" type threads.

Just went through all sections: I'm unable to start a new thread in MBClub Projects and Mercedes Parts Classified (and How To and Traders sections, but that's normal), the Off Topic subforum is okay for me.

Maybe it's something to do with certain protocols not being fully compliant with Safari / macOS?
I'm using Macs too.
May well be - what I don't understand is why certain parts of the forum ( well most of it ) works fine , but not a few other parts , and the fact that I am not alone in experiencing this points to it not being just me .

For info , I'm writing this on my MacPro 3,1 running El Capitan 10.11.6 and Safari 10.1.2 ; same results on my MBP , same OS and Safari , and my son's iMac , ditto . Also my iPhone 7 , running iOS 10.3.3 and Safari current version .

I haven't experienced some of the issues others mentioned ( underlined text , and a few others ) , but I appreciate different devices/software will interact differently .

I do appreciate this involves a whole lot of work ( I imagine unpaid and just done voluntarily , and that the developers will have day jobs and family lives to juggle as well ) and that this all takes time , so will be patient while it is sorted out .

I know , too , that user feedback is also required , otherwise problems will not be recognised ,

Overall the new look is fresher, more responsive (images load much faster) and will , hopefully, be much easier to manage for the Admin team!

Well done and thank you to all of those involved who have worked so hard to improve the Forum experience for the rest of us!

Just went through all sections: I'm unable to start a new thread in MBClub Projects and Mercedes Parts Classified (and How To and Traders sections, but that's normal), the Off Topic subforum is okay for me.
I just did the same -
I can post into all the technical forums , and the MB Club project , which is private !

I can't post in MB Club Projects ( expected ) , How To , or Off Topic .

I don't appear to be barred from the traders sections or any of the classifieds ...

Seems to be different for individual cases .

Just noticed - no emoticons - will this work :dk:

I see that I can 'like' posts in the OT section , even though I can't start threads or reply there ...

OT permissions are borked..... I'm going for a fry up - be back later this afternoon for mods....

Reactions: GLK
And I thought that my mobile was having a bad day... ;)

try now? The reason for this is all the custom development work I had put in over the last 16 years needs to be rebuilt... so for now I have put a band aid over the OT forum - you should be able to post etc now...

Vin, new forum completely filters out any emojis.

This isn't by design surly?

Db just needs to be utf8mb4.

Is it possible to turn off avatars, as could be done on the old forum?

About the 5th time I've asked this ****ing question.

BTW, swear filter doesn't appear to be up to par.

HTH.

What's your problem with avatars?

A quick way of recognising who the post is from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom