OMG What's Happened to the Forum...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorted ! Much appreciated .

THANKS !

What's your problem with avatars?

A quick way of recognising who the post is from?

Yeah, I find the poster's name does the job of telling me who the post is from just fine, I don't need a backup ID'ing function.

My "problem" with avatars is twofold, the space they take up, making each post, even the ones made up of one word, about 3 inches deep so I can only see about 3 posts per page, and, the relentless, tiresome repetitiveness of seeing the same unfunny pictures many, many, many times.

For these reasons I have already availed myself of the forum function of turning off signatures, which, TBH are even more pointless & annoying then avatars. I'd like to do the same with avatars.

I like it. Thanks to admin etc for all the hard work in setting this all up.

Still the same for me: OFF TOPIC is fine; Mercedes Parts (and MBClub Projects) - nope

I always hesitate to comment on any forum format change because I am never sure whether what I perceive as problems are down to unfamiliarity on my part :confused: or problems /omissions due to teething problems.:oops: Keep up the good work guys its getting better all the time. :):):)

I'm getting used to it already. It would be good to have the 'Thanks' facility back, though. Is this possible?

App is dead. RIP :(

That was officially dead many moons ago, when development of the original ForumRunner app stopped - latest version was 1.3.18.

It was end-of-life, unsupported, or in other words: "It passed on! This app is no more! It has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace!"

People (myself included) carried it through to the afterlife by using it for a number of years after that because of the convenience factor, i.e. it was like an old shoe... :)

The pertinent question is if the new website will be available via TapaTalk again (or another generic forums app).

BTW, swear filter doesn't appear to be up to par.

HTH.

Let me try:

@$#!!*#!

Yup - no filter - you were right.

The admins put a lot of hours into this project, aimed at giving us all a better website, so firstly Thank You to all those involved in the project.

What might be useful at this point is a thread dedicated to bug reporting and to users' wish lists?

I have restored all your media also!

I see lots of albums but no content, just a placeholder? There's all the pictures but not in albums?

I see lots of albums but no content, just a placeholder? There's all the pictures but not in albums?

Click the album and the photos are in there. There's just no thumbnail set. The owner of the album can set a new thumbnail. I've just done mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom