Omg!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmm..car breaks down and suffers scratched bumpers being towed so he smashes it up...

OK...

It's his car and his money, but it's still vandalism.... he should have found a better way to protest IMO.

"at least until the insurance payout arrives and he buys another model"

I don't see the insurance company footing the bill...

What's the betting he'll be burning his house down in rage at the insurer not coughing up?

Loon, but loads of bad publicity for Lamborghini.

Vandalism is something you perpetrate on someone else's property, so this is not.

He is obviously extremely wealthy and therefore probably costing not a thought...a bit like you or me doing this to a ratty old Fiesta.

Well done him...Lambo will not appreciate the publicity.

If he can do that to a car he bought 6 months ago with that sort of price tag, he clearly has enough money. This must be like pocket change to the guy.

But i think what he has done was not because he does not have enough brains, its because he was trying to draw as much attention and publicity to this issue that he has with Lambo which otherwise no one would be interested in.

I think he has done this. This will do more damage to Lambo and their brand, than it would have cost them to fix the starting problem on the car as well as the body damage. Surely anyone paying that sort of money for this type of car would not expect to be treated in the way he was, even after speaking with the top man.

What a tool, he could have sold it or given it away rather than destroy it :dk:

True, but the point is he wanted to draw attention to how badly he felt Lamborghini had handled the situation - he wasn't protesting about the car, but about the company. He's certainly got our attention, and I'd imagine that's being replicated on thousands of other forums around the world.

If his grievance was genuine, and Lamborghini really are giving their Chinese customers a raw deal compared to those in Europe and elsewhere, this should make them sit up and take notice.

Vandalism is something you perpetrate on someone else's property, so this is not...

Agreed. And I used the term intentionally.

If you buy a rare work of art and destroy it, you are within your right, however there will be a general feeling in the public that you have taken something away from them. For me, as a car lover, Lambo's (and other cars) are as near to a work of art as you can get, and therefore I cringe when I see one destroyed intentionally. The term vandalism was used here to portray what I personally feel about this, although I am aware that in the legal sense it is incorrect.

Last edited:
What's the betting he'll be burning his house down in rage at the insurer not coughing up?

Loon, but loads of bad publicity for Lamborghini.

Apparantly it was brought secondhand (still for big money) and Lambo wern't up for a warrenty repair.

Some minted chinaman ends up looking like a spoilt brat/tool and Lambo get to sell some panels to who ever rebuilds it.

Agreed, especially since China could well be their largest market.

Incidentally... and some of you may disagree... but I also cringe when the Top Gear trio destroy cars for fun. Yes, they have paid for them (or rather we did - it's the Beebs), but this is not something I personally feel comfortable about.

But it's not a tantrum. It was done in cold blood as a protest.

Smashing things up because they don't do what you want is always a tantrum, when grown ups do it it's a sign of mental ilness.

Chinaman just happened to be rich enough to do it to a Lambo.

For me, as a car lover, Lambo's (and other cars) are as near to a work of art as you can get, and therefore I shriek when I see one destroyed intentionally.

If we were talking about a Miura I'd agree with you, but Gallardos are just a commodity at the moment. If one gets destroyed it can be replaced.

Incidentally... and some of you may disagree... but I also shriek when the Top Gear trio destroy cars for fun. Yes, they have paid for them (or rather we did - it's the Beebs), but this is not something I personally feel comfortable about.

Indeed, the BBC doing that just encourages vandalism, there's never any reason for smashing something up, and there's somthing a bit weird about people watching destruction for entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom