On Dealerships...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
So today I called a Mitsubishi dealer looking for a small part for the rally car...

I quickly realised why I like dealing with Merc dealerships, even if more expensive!

I called the dealership number and got told that I needed to redial another number for the parts department, they couldn't put me through. No problem...

I redial, and after a few minutes waiting for someone to pick up, someone does pick up and gruffly says "hold on a moment" then drops the phone on the counter...

So after a further 10-or-so minutes waiting (at least when I'm put on hold at MB I get to hear the news...) I get a reply...

I pose my query (looking for the infamous bulb holder) and get told "you must be joking". Fine, I ask for the entire headlamp assembly... after another few minutes waiting on the counter I get told "sorry, suzuki - I mean mitsubishi don't service those anymore"

Charming... I guess it really is a matter of you get what you pay for!

M.

Shoulda bought a W123 for a rally car... I am sure this will be the start of many dissapointments of the mitsubishi.

The head gasket will go next. :rolleyes:

Dont wish to be negative but you did ask for people's advice and then did the exact opposite.

I know... I know...

but... the instant I sat in the Shogun it brought back childhood memories of sitting in the back seat looking at the instrument panel (the one with the compass, thermometer, altimeter and tilt-o-meter) and thinking I was in an airplane...

It's algo going to be very fuel-hungry....

but I voted with my heart, not my mind!

Maybe I'll redo the rally in a W123 next year :p

On a bright note, I just had some fun with the shogun... I drove over a wheel/tyre several times (trying to break the bead)... no luck in breaking the bead, but lots of fun :p

M.

My old man had 3. I loved that tiltometer. Every car should have one. How come you didn't go for the 2.8TD. Surely better on fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom