On new bathroom towels !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
What is it with the people who make bathroom towels?

I know we have to replace our old cherished favorite towels and that can be a traumatic experience. I happen to love my towels where the thread has come away at the edge, so that every time I go to dry my back, I put my arm through the gap, like putting on an old raincoat. I love the fishnet hole in the corner that allows me to stick in my thumb employing a controlled swoosh of the towel as I waft it over my shoulders. I love the feel of it, as I floss my butt cheeks. It's multipurpose role in being able to switch off the bedroom smoke detector with a few graceful wafts. The biggest single factor in this relationships is simple....

It gets me dry when I want it to and where I want it to.

New towels fall at the very first hurdle when they simply move the water around your body from one part to another, without actually leaving dry bits. It's like drying yourself on a polythene bag. The post shower favourite move - The Butt Cheek Floss is ruined. The entire experience lost in what feels like a teflon rub.

Mrs M's rationale for replacing perfectly good bath towels, beggars belief and I kid you not. "what if somebody saw the state of these towels" Oh really!!

So a burglar on escaping the house will write up to the local press about the "state" of our bath towels? Who else has any interest in our bath towels? It's insane.

I am forced to endure days of being semi dried. Discovering damp patches when my nice cotton pants get stuck half way up my legs, causing me to pitch forwards onto the bed. Beautiful full cotton shirts refuse to pass over my shoulders as I do my morning Village People routine in front of the mirror, leaving me stuck in a grotesque pose.

I now find myself using the hairdryer to ensure that my back, crack & sack are ready for their finery. Thus defeating the entire purpose of having a towel.

I am not referring to low cost knock off towels bought in some back street market. Mrs M will spend a KIng's ransom selecting towels that would bankrupt some and keep a third world village fed for some years.

These are towels that come with instructions on how to use them!!! Errr, rub towel on body, get dry!!

At one point she actually produced some monogrammed towels. WTF? Why would I want somebody elses's initials exploring my crevices? ....and the embroidery is hard and itchy on my softer bits, once again no good for the old floss routine.

So towel manufacturers. How about manufacturing towels that towel? Just take the instructions from the old towels and create new towels from them. Job done.

I'm on the floor in fits of laughter

Just laughed out loud ina quiet office! Had to explain im reading something about towels!!!!

Bruce, love the post and agree with every word!!

Dunhelm Mill Pima cotton range while not a patch on the old towels seem to be satisfactory for the money. At least they don't appear to be pre -treated with water repelling chemicals to maintain that pristine appearance in your designer bath/shower/wet --room / luxury suite

Wash the new ones before using.

Been there done that. Sometimes they even get washed after using. As Grober points out. They seem to be treated with water repellent chemicals rendering any kind of pre-emptive strike useless. This includes submerging in thermo-nuclear heated water that is hotter than a Macdonalds Apple Pie.

...and put them through the tumble drier

I am thinking about putting myself through the tumble dryer but worry about setting light to the house, which will then set light to the neighbours crop field and cause a biblical famine. What to do?

Bruce, I recently bought a new set from Boundary Mill with the brand name "Vossen". They are really nice and even have the little "Euro-loop" on one end for hanging on a little peg. They are "egg yolk yellow" and really brighten up the bathroom!

Bruce, it seems you have a classic case of irritable towel syndrome.

Wash them in bleach and then leave them to dry on a radiator.
I did that with some of my car polishing cloths and they were rough when they dried. I had the marks on my Range Rover bodywork to prove it. :doh:

Try The Linen Company turkish cotton towels - not cheap (£64 for 2 hand and 2 bath towels!!), got some a couple of weeks ago, much better than the Christies they replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom