On new bathroom towels !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bruce at his best. :thumb:

I must admit though as already suggested, towels are always best tumble dried. Soft and fluffy. Just not the same when they dry outside on the line. :(

Ant.

My missus is exactly the same, they cost a fortune yet no better than a £10 towel from tescos which actually do the job

It's as if they come sprayed from the factory in 'crep protect' (google it if never heard of it)

I must reiterate that my lovely towels are not just soft but absorbent, and not really expensive. See, I live in the North where vfm is important. I do sometimes allow my towels to air dry in summer (I'm not a softy southerner, lol). Bruce, I reckon you should contact the National Lottery to see if you can get funding for an investigation into the optimum absorbency for a Euro-towel EU Directive...

My mother-in-Law bought some fine towels in a fetching shade of green, carefully chosen to go with the decor...

She arranged them so, and then advised that they were for appearance and that we were not allowed to use them.... We were told there was an old thing in the cupboard beneath the sink....

Now that (^^^^) I've never understood!

Bruce, I totally agree with you as I have just this week gone through the same procedure.
Mrs P decided to by new towels from John Lewis without letting me know. Absolutely nothing wrong with our 10 year old ones that seem to go to the right crevices and do the job they are supposed too. arhggg.

I also bought towels from John Lewis, 6 bath sheets and 4 hand towels. They were their own make and cost an arm and leg and are still going strong without visible wear after 14 years of use.

Back to topic, they absorb water and blot us the last drips wherever they may be due to me tumble drying them after each wash without fabric conditioner, which I think is the biggest laundry mistake that can be made.

Hotel towels always seem quite good. Perhaps MB club members who are on site or business a lot should conduct a survey.
Marks out of ten for the following:

1. Absorbency
2. Size to weight ratio.
3. Crevice probing ability.
4. Roughness (RA) expressed in mm.
5. Flick ability or whip cracking potential when annoying spouse.
6. And when all other approaches fail, clag removing ability.
7. Any more?

Bruce we have a load of towels which are in the boot ready to go to the dogs home, because in a moment of madness we bought new ones. Shout if you want some. They're showing just the right patina for optimal drying effectiveness. Lucky dogs.

Hilarious post OP. Had to read it out loud to my missus and she was grinning. The butt cheek references are evidently a winner

The most effective towel I have is a very lightweight travel towel, that has no tufts (fluffy bits) but is made out of super absorbent material. It's about the size of a tea towel, so the butt crack, back and similar manoeuvres can get me contorted. But the towel can be squeezed virtually dry and airs very quickly.

As for Turkish and Egyptian cotton, why is it so good? They seem such arid places. Shouldn't America have amazingly good cotton by now? Maybe, but I've never seen it marketed.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'm not an expert, but Egyptian (and Turkish?) cotton has a longer staple than American cotton. This means the individual fibres are much longer than American and produce a higher quality material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom