On or off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt58

Car
2003 E55 sedan
Evening all, can anyone tell me if the secondary air injection shut off valves are meant to be shut on idle with warm engine? I was using my icarsoft to look at various values and numbers ( half of which I don’t fully understand yet) and noticed one valve is open and the other shut, I’ll do another test on cold start up when I get the chance. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance, Matt.

Evening all, can anyone tell me if the secondary air injection shut off valves are meant to be shut on idle with warm engine? I was using my icarsoft to look at various values and numbers ( half of which I don’t fully understand yet) and noticed one valve is open and the other shut, I’ll do another test on cold start up when I get the chance. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance, Matt.
Sorry, car is E55 W211 2003, 100k.

Sorry, car is E55 W211 2003, 100k.
Just a quick update, both valves off on cold start, one valve came on a free miles down the road, then both valves on when I was on the motorway, does anyone know if this is normal? Other than slightly lumpy idle when cold, she’s running great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom