On the hunt for an E Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking at AT, there are a few decent-looking 220s for sale within a decent radius of you. I'm just outside Cardiff and used to have a 2015 220. They are great cars - quiet, comfortable and smooth. Compared to an A4, you'll find even the "basic" 220 a significant step up.

Here's a few I've spotted without much effort:

If chatting to someone in person not far away from you would help, do let me know.

So what is the difference then generally? Is it related to spec or BHP etc
Talking about pre-facelift now as I haven’t checked if any changes were made on facelift engine wise. 200,220 and 250CDI blue-efficiency have the same 4-Cyl base engine but 200 has one while 220 and 250 have two turbos (low and high). 250 however has different tunning which makes it most powerful of all three.
200 has the best fuel consumption but also has the least power 136bhp and torque 350Nm
220 has 170bhp and 400Nm torque
250 has 204bhp and 500Nm torque
There are not many 200s on the market but a lot of 220s and 250s which can all be found in same trim levels.
I have 250CDI estate and can honestly say that it is a fantastic car with a very good engine. As others gave said it can be a bit agricultural when running cold, but once it get to a running temp it’s not noisy at all.

Looking at AT, there are a few decent-looking 220s for sale within a decent radius of you. I'm just outside Cardiff and used to have a 2015 220. They are great cars - quiet, comfortable and smooth. Compared to an A4, you'll find even the "basic" 220 a significant step up.

Here's a few I've spotted without much effort:

If chatting to someone in person not far away from you would help, do let me know.

Hi, thanks for links, as you say a lot out there. Typically three I really liked look of yesterday had all been sold previous, or same day when rang yesterday..

May take you up on offer - cheers

I was only thinking yesterday about the shortage of good used cars out there,I suspect that people who are in lockdown have more time to sort out a new car,as you found cars you wanted to view are already sold,the four that MercedesDriver pointed out were all good examples of whats out there,I liked the blue one always been a sucker for a blue car,but it seems if you want to buy you will have to get there quick after reserving it with the dealer

Yeah not sure if I have been particularly unlucky, or they are flying off the shelves. Ironically a couple of other groups I am on which buy and sell - I have noticed in last few months prices have really shot up and items are selling too at inflated rates.

You would think with job losses and furlough people would be selling at cheaper rates. I think though its almost divided in so much as a lot of people also seem to have more disposable cash now with pubs and restaurants closed

Is there such a thing as rear heated seats as it states on one car I'm looking at it has them?

Also what is the button to left of triangle control please?

Attachments

• 15918783783956716456844040401063.jpg
    15918783783956716456844040401063.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
Is there such a thing as rear heated seats as it states on one car I'm looking at it has them?

Hi Welshboa

Pretty sure you can get heated rears although mine doesn’t have them. I’m sure someone else more in the know will confirm.

That button looks like the one to drop the centre rear headrest for better rear view visibility. You have to manually raise it again if needed in mine, but the lanky git who sits in the middle gets that duty 😀

Good luck in your search 👍🏻

Mine is available though I appreciate it's a little older than you're looking for. :)

Heated rear seats are a very rare option. If it has them, the controls will be in the rear of the car - I believe on the door cards, but stand to be corrected.

@Chugg is correct about the function of the button on the front switch bank.

Mine is available though I appreciate it's a little older than you're looking for. :)

If I was on the hunt now, I would still consider a model of that vintage for sure, as you can get a very nice car for reasonable cost, but obviously age and it’s issues are against. Mines a 61 plate S212 E350 and is still a lovely drive. Had it three years now and still makes me smile every time I get in. Probably helps that my daily hack is a Hi-Lux ( more Lo-Lux 😂) so anything is more luxurious than that! Annual indie service + mot hasn’t been over £400 yet, and only things I’ve really had to get are a new set of Eagle F1’s and rear brake discs, and the first ‘fail’ just week, plastic rear suspension sensor connector rod has snapped making the back end as high as the Hi-Lux 😀. Fairly common issue it seems and metal replacements are available at reasonable cost. Admittedly it’s not the daily car so lower mileage. I would definitely buy my own car if it came up at a decent price 😂
On the other hand, if I was on the hunt, I’d sure be looking for the best, probably newest, example I could budget for!

Just had a look at yours @jukie and it looks a nice car for a reasonable price. GLWTS

And happy hunting OP 👍🏻

Heated rear seats are a very rare option. If it has them, the controls will be in the rear of the car - I believe on the door cards, but stand to be corrected.

@Chugg is correct about the function of the button on the front switch bank.
It does indeed have them, watched a video walk through and as you say they are on the door cards of rear

i Believe @cfoster is selling his daily E class on another forum, may be worth whiling PMing him.

Thanks AMV, indeed I am selling mine due to shrinking my fleet down for an impending house build!

Will let it go for £7k without the air ride (will sit on factory shocks and springs, or will fit lowering springs at my cost if preferred. She genuinely is a nice one, I bought it completely stock (it can be put back to stock but factory wheels will need a refurb.

Ebay link is here:

Thanks
Chris

Our s211 e320 has heated rear seats and the switch is on the window open and close panel.

Should be available to more cars for my liking. Handy for rear seat passengers. We take this car in the winter months especially when the boys have football it warms them up nicely I'm told. I imagine you can have rear vented seats also.

If you want to arrive in style, the CLS has the same mechanicals as the facelift E, but with a sleeker body, better ride and handling and quieter drive. Prices are decent too, as there isn't the same competition for them from cab drivers.

Here are some good-looking ones:

...or if you really want to push the boat out:

Not that I am biased...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom