On The Lookout for a e320cdi Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brucey1

Car
Skoda
After some nut job totalled my 2005 e320 on Friday , i was informed today its a write off . Insurance company has offered £6550 which seems pretty fair to me ,although im sure your never supposed to accept the first offer they make you ?
I loved that car so Im going to go for another 320cdi around the £8500 mark .
Is the v6 and 7g gearbox as reliable as the old i6 and 5 speed gearbox ?

Shame you don't have a bit more to spend as my 09 E280cdi estate sport is on eBay at the moment. Same car but a little less hp. Mine is the V6 7G and has been brilliant.

Correct, don't accept their first offer. Insurance companies sometimes act as if the car already belongs to them in these circumstances, remember that it's still your property until you've been paid out.

from what ive read the v6 and 7g engine and box are far superior performance wise, but are not as reliable.
Also, mileage depending i think youd struggle finding a 2005 s211 e320cdi for that amount if yours was sub 100k and in good condition.

mine was in great condition , it had just hit the 100k last week , still going strong until this happened :doh:

They are lovely cars and do well on diesel

I recently purchased a E320 Avantgarde estate, 2007 facelift model. Stunning car, mpg isn't good myself and others only achieve 35mpg on motorway journeys though. I've replaced most of the front suspension bushes on a 110k car, which also seems a weak point.

My 57plare e320cdi was going strong at 90K when I sold it. One to watch out for on these is that the DPF was optional. Mine didn't have one - one less thing to go wrong.

I had spend a good few hundred on new front suspension parts on my car , I don't really want to go through thAt again , so I will have to check any potential purchase carefully .
Another option I am thinking about is leasing a golf gtd , I would rather have the merc but it could prove expensive .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom