One Bad Copper..............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well just an update....we have received two letters from the police since I posted this thread. The most recent letter from merseyside police is quite promising.. Any way to make it brief, the complaint is going to "Local Resolution"...which basically means that it will be investigated at Inspector level. The good thing is that it is being investigated by a different Police station from where this officer is based...and secondly it is being investigated by a woman inspector, which hopefuly will give a more independant view instead of the "ole boy" network....we will see.

The wife is also going to plead not guilty at magistrates re the fine as the police officer was not in full uniform...again, we will see what happens...

ok so if we loose we may have to pay a bit more...but hey at least this whole process will put the officer under the eyes of the law and the system instead of joe public.......

Everyone is accountable to someone it does not matter what your job is....unfortunately,(and its not often) we come across the odd meglamaniac / bully..........and they do it because they get away with it time and time again unless people challenge.....:) ..................However there are still lots of people out there that do not believe the police would act badly at all...and most of the responses to this thread show that...:)

Hi glad to see your not just accepting this, I fully understand the feeling of injustice - although your wife was speeding, you've admitted that. Im not sure why..blah blah ... because the bloke that caught her wasn't wearing a hat you feel she wasn't speeding??

Honestly I too would argue for any small "getout" Im just not sure what yours is.

I say this with all naivity but couldn't I make a citizens arrest and I wouldn't need a hat? ...would I?

I seem to read of a lot of police officers who seem to forget they are officers of the law and "makers" of the law, they are there to uphold it.

Gottta be honest here though, I wouldn't be holding my breath.

If the only grounds for pleading not guilty is the lack of full uniform, prepare for disappointment. When I report people whilst on the bike I quite often take my helmet off. I think it's less intimidating. Do you believe all the tickets I issue are incorrect?

Seek legal advice before following this course it could save you time and money.

just quit your jobs, sponge off the state and become smack addicts and you get away with it or at the very least pay your fines at £1 a week and then just dont pay

simple formula ... if you work then you have money and one way or another you will be relieved of it buy one arm of the government

but

if you are ascum bag then do what you want, break laws, drive illegally, dont pay fines, abuse your neighbours and beat your kids and you will get away with it all as you dont have any cash for them to suck you dry of

from experience not what ive read as ive known 1 too many scumbags in my time

If this is similar to the 'Informal Resolution. then it is simply a way of placating the complainant. The officer might be told they are a naughty boy but that is it and life will move on.

What is full uniform?

John

The wife is also going to plead not guilty at magistrates re the fine as the police officer was not in full uniform...again, we will see what happens...
As Plodd says, if this is your only defence then you should seek legal advice before proceeding. You may also like to take a look at the Magistrates Court Sentencing Guidelines Update that became effective on 4th August to see how much losing will cost you. You may be unpleasantly surprised :eek:

When is the Court date set for.? Please keep us informed of the outcome, it should be interesting.

I can't see how your wife can plead not guilty of an absolute offense she was committing, and is it right that she does anyway.?

Older policemen, always been great with me and friends, good experiences.

Younger policemen, always arrogant little knobs with a point to prove.

I am generalising, but these have been my experiences.

Dave!

Older policemen, always been great with me and friends, good experiences.

Younger policemen, always arrogant little knobs with a point to prove.

I am generalising, but these have been my experiences.

Dave!

Yes, my experience too.

I will give you all a full outcome of this when it is heard at court.

As for being a supporter of real justice , I would just like to add that my son aged 18 years of age interevened with three of his friends after a woman was being raped and violently assaulted. The attacker has just received a 9 year jail sentence and my son and his friends have been awarded 100 pound each out of the public purse. They will also be receiving an award at a ceremony shortly. The inspector and other police officers were fantastic throughout the whole process.

For some strange reason traffic officers seem to be a bread on their own, and are not well liked within the force, being the "odd ones" that thrive on the power. How sad.

For some strange reason traffic officers seem to be a bread on their own, and are not well liked within the force, being the "odd ones" that thrive on the power. How sad.

And here's me thinking my choice of deodorant was the reason my colleagues shunned me in and out of work :D :( :D ...and I'm definitely odd - I like jam on Yorkshire pud :crazy:

Hi Petef,

I do understand your situation. I have been subjected to a "Rather aggressive young PC talking down to me a few years ago" I know how annoying it is regardless of whether any offence has been commited.

I whole heartedly agree that you follow up this complaint and lets hope he gets reprimanded in an appropriate way.

I am however confused why you are seeking to argue the point of the fine when your wife clearly accepted she was speeding. I'm afraid I don't agree with trying to "get off with it because of a technicality". How would you feel if someone in your family had been assaulted by someone and they got away with it because when the PC arrested the offender he was not wearing his hat...??

If I were in your shoes, I would treat the two as a seperate issue. Take the fine on the chin and learn from it but do follow up the complaint.

If you insist on going to court, I would be more tempted to use it as a stage to air your grievance rather than fight the fine. I would accept that you are guilty and prepared to pay the fine but impress on the judge it was not the way to handle the incident. That would be a more upstanding thing to me.

There are always two ways to say the same thing. Unfortunately on this occasion it appears the over zealous (perhaps jumped up) pc choose the wrong way and this is not acceptable.

Do keep us updated when you hear more.

Last edited:
And here's me thinking my choice of deodorant was the reason my colleagues shunned me in and out of work :D :( :D ...and I'm definitely odd - I like jam on Yorkshire pud :crazy:

Unmarked , surely you being a person of the law enforcement system and understanding youth crime, and the government agenda regarding youth crime/ crime and disorder, ..I would have thought a comment about the actions of these young men would have been more relevant than your comment about your own needs ? .....:)

Unmarked , surely you being a person of the law enforcement system and understanding youth crime, and the government agenda regarding youth crime/ crime and disorder, ..I would have thought a comment about the actions of these young men would have been more relevant than your comment about your own needs ? .....:)

Thats unfair!

I'm less than happy with the Police at the moment (three seperate cases) but..

All Police members of the forum are here as individuals - not embassadors or spokes men/women. And certainly not responsable for what some of us complain about.

Jay.

This one certainly one bad copper...........

A police driver gave Londoners a lesson in how not to park as he drove his car through railings, leaving it lying on its side in a basement.

Earlier this year police were caught boasting about their car crashes on Facebook, the social networking site, and more than 30 police accidents were pictured in a group called Yes I Have Had A Polcol.

Anyone who can find this link would be nice to share?

policecrash-460b_885417c.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...e-driver-gives-lesson-in-how-not-to-park.html

I hope you copy and pasted that lot!

' Would be a lot of wasted time if not! :p

:D

Was a waste of time anyway - I've reported them so stand by a waste bin near you......:D

Yep, Pammy just beat me to it. I just love this ad-free site:D

Police chief admits: 'There's too many speed cameras... and some officers are rude'

Too many speed cameras, rudeness and unanswered phones have 'dented and bruised' public confidence in the police, a senior officer said on Friday.
Ian Johnston, President of the Police Superintendents' Association, said officers must focus less on targets, set aside 'pride and ego' and work hard to win back public support.

One of the biggest sources of friction between the public and the police are speed cameras, which are seen as unfair and ineffective in road safety, he added.

'Over half the complaints against the police are about rudeness and incivility and about lack of service. We need to pay attention to that,' he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mits-Theres-speed-cameras--officers-rude.html

I hope you copy and pasted that lot!

Based on his demonstrated knowledge of all things IT elsewhere, I'm not sure he would be able to find the copy and paste functions :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom