One Careful? Owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Love the article.... "it's for sale for a fraction of the price he paid for it"... it's like they have never heard of depreciation... got to love the media... not!

I think looking at some of the comments that too many people get caught up in the Clarkson persona of being an anti green petrol head who throws cars around. I don't think he is necessarily how he comes across but has to keep up that image as that is his role as an actor in an entertainment series.

I thought that went ages ago ... he's had an SLK55 for years ??

I seem to recall him complaining about this car and how it spent most of the time at the dealers rectifying endless faults ? Dealer don't say how it got to 100k + miles though. Must have had a few owners as I can't imagine Clarkson clocking up all the mileage since he's on demos a lot.

Think his current car is a CLK DTM , and I'm sure one of many !

Never thought I'd say this, but I suspect you'd get better value and reliability buying Captain Slow's Fiat 500.

Clarkson's car would feel a bit like buying the bed Brooklyn B was conceived upon. Just not right somehow.

Never thought I'd say this, but I suspect you'd get better value and reliability buying Captain Slow's Fiat 500.

Clarkson's car would feel a bit like buying the bed Brooklyn B was conceived upon. Just not right somehow.

Loving this post! :)) Very well said!

On Sunday (Top Gear), it looked like a CLK - though a black series rather than a DTM? Dark grey example?

That SL is a village bike so many people have had it ;)

I thought that went ages ago ... he's had an SLK55 for years ??

Hes had a CLK63 Black Series for 3 years IIRC.

Last edited:
Its a CLK63 AMG Black Series.

DTM is a 5.4K

Teflonso said:
Never thought I'd say this, but I suspect you'd get better value and reliability buying Captain Slow's Fiat 500. Clarkson's car would feel a bit like buying the bed Brooklyn B was conceived upon. Just not right somehow. .

James May, is that you, reveal yourself. Rhetorically speaking!

James May, is that you, reveal yourself. Rhetorically speaking!
No, a mere kindered spirit. Same age, liked Meccano as a kid, less hair. But don't like Fiats. Any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom