One-DOWN-manship

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJH

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180k for Wifey, SEAT Leon TSi
It has come to light that both Satch and Myself have previously owned an
Austin Maxi.

smileeek.gif

What is the worst/most embarrassing car YOU have owned ?

N.B. Anyone claiming to have owned a Trabant MUST have proof. :D

UAZ, the Russian 4WD.

The perfect car for DIY, comes with complete service manual. No special tools necessary, just the set coming with the car was enough for a complete motor rebuild.

PJH said:
Austin Maxi.

smileeek.gif

What is the worst/most embarrassing car YOU have owned ?

N.B. Anyone claiming to have owned a Trabant MUST have proof. :D

Ill get yours and Satch's coat :p :D

I once owned a talbot rancho (talbots answer to the 4wd) as if that wasnt bad enough is was a lovely flat sand colour. I think it would have fell apart if i even showed it a picture a field !!!! I sold this dream car after realising that there arnt that many elephants to hunt in Bristol (unless you count some of the things i see in town on a friday night !!! )

…the horror! …the horror!

PJH said:
Austin Maxi.

I'm sorry, but ownership of an Austin 'Landcrab' is totally beyond redemption! Go in the corner and hang your head in shame Sir!

I don't know if this counts but when I was a young(ish) lad I was employed one Saturday to help ferry a dozen new DAF Variomatics from the docks to the local DAF dealer… aaaaaah! These cars were amazing, they were driven literally by a big elastic band with predictably ferocious transmission snatch and went as fast forwards as backwards! The first and last time I drove these things. It still gives me the shivers to think back on it.

In order:

1969 Beetle, 1982 LWB Isuzu Trooper, 1995 3 Door Nissan Micra, 1995 Nissan 200SX, 1995 5 Door Nissan Micra SLX, F Reg Cavalier.....

:( not doing very well here!!!!!

Robin reliant 1977 Silver Jubilee special - Top that :bannana:

I had a couple of Metro's whilst I was a student.

My brother had a lovely Orange Austin Allegro, that really was vile!
BHA486Y.jpg

just had to edit this post to remove my signature as I couldn't have pictures of my car next to that ^

Last edited:
I used to have a bright orange Vauxhall Chevette. I parked up one day opposite a packed bustop and slammed the doorshut. The only problem was the door hit the seat belt, swung back open and a lorry took the door off. There were about 30 people watching so it was fairly embarrasing.
I went to the scrap yard and the only door they had was bright yellow.

That car looked good after that. :bannana: :bannana:

I have to admit to having once bought (new) a Renault 16, Made of cheap plastic and was absolutly useless on the road. :crazy:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have always owned Mercs - the most embarrassing addmission I have to make is that - alas - one of them was :rolleyes: silver :rolleyes:

But I am over that now.

:bannana:

Flip said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have always owned Mercs - the most embarrassing addmission I have to make is that - alas - one of them was :rolleyes: silver :rolleyes:

But I am over that now.

:bannana:
A number of us here will be glad to hear that :D :D , right Mr Kinky?

RichardM
Glad you got the ALL-AGRO parked next to a class motor !!

Keep 'em coming folks......

I'm stuck between my Rover 214 SLi or the Volvo 480 Turbo. I think the Rover has to win. It was a total sh*tbox. lol The Volvo was one of the fugliest things I've ever seen and I hated it even before I drove it. Unfortunately the car was so damn good (seriously) and quick I now kind of like Volvo's.. Shsssh... ;)

Sunbeam Alpine. NO HEATING at all, never did find out why, got rid after a bad winter with frost on the inside of the screen.

pepe said:
I once owned a talbot rancho (talbots answer to the 4wd) as if that wasnt bad enough is was a lovely flat sand colour. I think it would have fell apart if i even showed it a picture a field !!!! I sold this dream car after realising that there arnt that many elephants to hunt in Bristol (unless you count some of the things i see in town on a friday night !!! )

I knew someone who brought one of these to Kenya when I lived there. They took it into Nairobi game park, which has good roads, and the engine actually fell out!

Bob

Bond mini 3 wheeler!The one with a 250cc Villiers engine.To reverse,you had to re-start the engine backwards(2 sets of points),which meant that you had 4 reverse gears & made it the fastest reversing car about!

ukmike said:
Bond mini 3 wheeler!The one with a 250cc Villiers engine.To reverse,you had to re-start the engine backwards(2 sets of points),which meant that you had 4 reverse gears & made it the fastest reversing car about!

Hey those bond bugs were the coolest three wheelers around :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom