One fast car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Normally these bug me as they say"r1" vs car, when clearly the Rev counter goes to 19k rpm, so it's an r6.... THIS however is an actual R1 and I had one, that's some car

And one idiotic rider. Why on earth did he want to put himself so close to the car on his inside blind spot. I thought he was going to try for an undertake between the Merc and the other car.

I bet the biker does not brag about the estate car he could not overtake....

Tony.

I bet the biker does not brag about the estate car he could not overtake....

Tony.

He seems happy enough to post the video on the internet, so I guess he wasn't too ashamed by the encounter.

I encountered an Audi RS6 a few years ago whilst out on my BMW S1000. At the time I had no idea that an estate could move so quickly. We were on a country road with limited overtaking opportunities and at first I thought I was just lacking a long enough strip of clear road in order to despatch him. After about 5 miles I gradually came to the conclusion that I would have struggled to pass him on a runway.

Wow that was epic! I bet the merc driver had a big grin :)

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Aerodynamics. Drag increases exponentially with speed, and bikes are poor at high speed air management (think a Cd of closer to 1)

Up to 150 or so the car will get crucified by the bike's power/weight and acceleration advantage, but after that it's all in favour of the car with better aero and more hp.

Aerodynamics. Drag increases exponentially with speed, and bikes are poor at high speed air management (think a Cd of closer to 1)

Up to 150 or so the car will get crucified by the bike's power/weight and acceleration advantage, but after that it's all in favour of the car with better aero and more hp.

Sustained high speed on a bike is very hard work, physically and mentally.

prprandall51 said:
He seems happy enough to post the video on the internet, so I guess he wasn't too ashamed by the encounter. I encountered an Audi RS6 a few years ago whilst out on my BMW S1000. At the time I had no idea that an estate could move so quickly. We were on a country road with limited overtaking opportunities and at first I thought I was just lacking a long enough strip of clear road in order to despatch him. After about 5 miles I gradually came to the conclusion that I would have struggled to pass him on a runway.

I had a similar but WELL more embarrassing one years ago on my tl1000, a proper weapon up to 130-140 ish, then looses juice, would be hard to keep up with in any car, or so I thought.....

On the a30 from Newquay me and 2 pals, one zx6r and one 999SP came across a GOLF gti sitting at 130 or so on the 2 mile straight bit, I was in front and when he finally moved out the way was at around 145-150, it clearly was remapped but regardless, it was a GOLF!! I went for the pass on a slight bend at the end of the straight and was not easy, we (me and the 999) just managed to pass this car before our turn off.

Single handedly THE most embarrassing thing that ever happened to both of us on bikes, yea on any other piece of road at a lower speed he wouldn't have been a spec in the mirror but it happened where it did, me and my pals £30k Ducati got highly embarrassed by a VOLKSWAGEN GOLF!

Benplym said:
I had a similar but WELL more embarrassing one years ago on my tl1000, a proper weapon up to 130-140 ish, then looses juice, would be hard to keep up with in any car, or so I thought..... On the a30 from Newquay me and 2 pals, one zx6r and one 999SP came across a GOLF gti sitting at 130 or so on the 2 mile straight bit, I was in front and when he finally moved out the way was at around 145-150, it clearly was remapped but regardless, it was a GOLF!! I went for the pass on a slight bend at the end of the straight and was not easy, we (me and the 999) just managed to pass this car before our turn off. Single handedly THE most embarrassing thing that ever happened to both of us on bikes, yea on any other piece of road at a lower speed he wouldn't have been a spec in the mirror but it happened where it did, me and my pals £30k Ducati got highly embarrassed by a VOLKSWAGEN GOLF!

If it was blue it was probably my mates golf mk5, it's running around 450bhp so don't be too disappointed. He lives around that area so it's likely it was him.

gunning said:
If it was blue it was probably my mates golf mk5, it's running around 450bhp so don't be too disappointed. He lives around that area so it's likely it was him.

Haha it was blue, we are both pretty sure it was the w12 one off on top gear that time lol

Benplym said:
Haha it was blue, we are both pretty sure it was the w12 one off on top gear that time lol

Haha Sadly just a 2.0 gti but running methanol and loads of others things but I don't know what

gunning said:
Haha Sadly just a 2.0 gti but running methanol and loads of others things but I don't know what

It sounds terrifying, a while back I had a stage 2 mk5 at just shy of 300, it literally did not go around corners unless your foot was well away from the accelerator, mighty quick in a straight line but terrifying for the wrong reasons in the twisties. It's not my sort of thing normally but made all sorts of hissing noises and made me laugh out loud a lot when driving

I wouldn't have the cojones to do that sort of speed on any of my bikes (not that any of them could get anywhere near it) or in my car. My hair used to be on fire, then it started to fall out and the fire went out...

E55BOF said:
I wouldn't have the cojones to do that sort of speed on any of my bikes (not that any of them could get anywhere near it) or in my car. My hair used to be on fire, then it started to fall out and the fire went out...

That's just it, it's just kids with balls that do it on an open stretch, my dogs could do it, takes no skill at all, that's why it's sooooo dangerous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom