One for my mate Bruce Millar..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wu56Shoozz

MB Enthusiast
You'll need a passport to get over the Wall..
Car
MB Vito 111CDi / W203 C Class Saloon 320CDi Avantgarde
Soooooo..........

I play guitar, not very well, but I go to a lot of gigs - tributes, real bands, solo artists etc..

But why oh why when I go to the concert are the RSoles that have to spoil your evening by being pissed and bouncing around like a jerk..

Tonight was no exception...there I am watching the band " A Bowie Tribute" (Very good to they were what makes them even better the Thin White Duke endorsed them himself) and there "He" Is getting pissed, knows every song word for word verbatim, belting it out at the top of his voice and looking around to see who's watching WAIT!! He sees you not smiling or even better still not joining in "His" song ... and all of a sudden your his target .. he now has to come over to you and dance in front of you, block your view, turn around and "Sing to you" (if it can be called that) then when you express your dissatisfaction he gets angry and starts glaring at you cos' he's behaving like a freakin' idiot.. next, he starts stripping off, the bouncers warn him.. but that doesn't stop him being a ****, he barges into you, doesn't care if he does it more than once , he's have a great time, mean while the beer is still flowing, now he staggers towards us, most of the beer is spilling every where , we move out his way, but its like we've become his sole purpose at the gig "Because we're not enjoying it as much as him" Why is that??
Then there's the ones that know all the lyrics and start singing, flat but singing..Oh look you're not singing along... and we're off singing in your face and slapping you on the arm or back, "This is brilliant" smiling etc ..
I go to listen to the band, watch the guitarists, listen to the music, occasionally dance with my partner - not be punched, pushed, jumped on or bumped around.. what is that they don't get? I'm not part of their concert or world..nor want to be..

What yer thought Bruce mate, I'm asking your opinions or others.. as I think its pretty disgusting really that other spoil it..

My best one was two drunks barge their way in front of me and the missus.. one of them starts to rub himself off my missus to the music.. she moves out the way.. seeing that she's not impressed he does it some more..it was a dark sweaty venue, very dark.. he still pursues her. I taught her what to do as I'm a martial artist.. so she politely taps him on the shoulder and asks him to stop.. " He turns and snears " What's the problem luv??" Distracting him with one hand she promptly grabs his meat & two veg.. and twists... her nails are long to boot. Now she has a grip like a vice I know I've experienced it.. but she's got this guy's cluster.. and twisting she finishes by saying "Thanks for the dance.." his mates were pissing themselves whilst the tears were streaming from his eyes...

Discuss..

P.S Not singling you out Bruce, just looking for your welcomed opinion mate..

Made me smile, but there is always some of them at gigs.

I no longer go to this type of performance, the last one that made my mind up was a gig at I believe the UEA it was ‘From the Jam’ there was a small group of large guys all in late forties or mid fifties jumping and barging around throwing beer over people.

That was it for me, I still go to outdoor concerts, there is usually some decent ones at Newmarket races.

I’m getting too old and grumpy to tolerate this nowadays.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drugged up to the eyeballs I'd say,
Be careful of the knifes, a glassing, the rings e.t.c.
Do the Fawlty thing and have a bad leg excuse, they may feel sorry for you, or try acting like a genuine retard; that freaks them right out - sometimes. Make sure you swing your arms around a lot as you twist uncontrollably, they may move away,
Tell em you are an official, wear a tee shirt with "Official" on it. You're a roadie right,
Pick your venue,
Get yourselves prime tickets,
Do what my friends do & STAY AT HOME, get your mates round and slip on a few on the big screen over drinks and nibbles.
Get a fake tattoo on your forehead.
Get to know the guys on the Sound Desk, see if you can't sit in with them.
Have a yack with security on the way in, tell them what happens and ask they keep an eye out.

I am not sure you will change their attitude - you'll need another strategy.

Last edited:
Experienced the same many times, and usually it's guys old enough to know better who are the worst. Not a pleasant evening out when it happens.

Russ

I’m flattered to be asked the question. Also I’m old enough to have witnessed David Bowie as Ziggy Stardust playing live. It quiet literally changed my life.

My answer? I really don’t know what I would do. It all depends on the moment. But I detest that kind of behaviour. We went to see Rod Stewart at Earls Court, having been gifted VIP tickets. We saw nothing apart from the group of morons in front of us who did exactly as you described and ruined the show for many. We left when it became apparent that Security were not going to intervene despite a horde of complaints.

Had similar at a U2 concert where a Bono Lookalike got hammered and started messing about. Somebody else thumped him early on and he was stretchered out.

Some people’s idea of a good night involves trashing everybody else’s good night.

I want to thump them but suspect now that I would end up being stretchered out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also happens at theatres who show a musical show or tribute band, why do the idiots have to stand and dance at their seat? Blocks the view of those behind who also stand to see it is like a wave effect.

Very selfish

Difference is when you’re young and at gigs that *everyone* is bouncing around mostly off their but on one thing or another.

When you get old, these people thin in numbers until you get left with those people who just won’t grow old gracefully...

A venue I occasionally go to hosts several tribute bands, usually charging around £20 to get in. The bulk of the space is seated but there's a reasonably sized area at the back, in front of the bar.

On several visits, I've found that a large number of people either can't, or don't, bother to sit, choosing to congregate in front of the bar. Fair enough but it annoys the heck out of me when many seem to totally ignore the band and chat loudly. Not so bad if it's a noisy band (or if you can sit near the front), but otherwise, despite my best efforts to "tune them out", all I can hear is the clap-trap behind me.

I just don't get why folk would pay £20 to stand chatting the whole way through the performance? There are loads of pubs and bars nearby, where they annoy people for free?:rolleyes:

God I'm getting old and grumpy!:D

My ex-wife is a life long fan of Classical Ballet. Were there a season ticket to Sadlers Wells? she would have it.

On one visit to Sadlers Wells to watch the Royal Ballet perform Swan Lake, a lady in the row behind objected very loudly, to my wife's almost silent sobs of emotion. This started a chain reaction, whereby the person sat next to the objector, complained about them objecting, and so on it went. My ex-wife who was a professional ballerina, was mortified. Not at the attacks (as that what they had become) but the fact that the lady seated behind had not been caught up in the emotion of the ballet and the power of the dance. Now I have to say here, there were few, if any dry eyes in sight, which seemed to justify my ex's stance.

I have reached the conclusion that a large proportion of society is simply oblivious to what is the correct behaviour when out in public. They then see fit to try and impose their behaviour on everybody else in the "captive" audience. Basically they have no self control or respect and brush any objectors off as 'boring' or 'old' forgetting that the very people they knock are the generation that they have just paid out to come and see.

I still find it absolutely unacceptable, for entire families to turn up (usually after everybody else is seated) in the Cinema. Then proceed to arm themselves with Industrial Dustbins full of food & drink. Not any food & drink.... No the noisiest most anti-social distracting stuff that money could buy. These same people then need to make countless visits to the toilet, squeezing their lardy guts along the entire row of seated people who just wanted to watch and listen to the show. This is now the 'accepted' norm at most cinema's. It seems that the actual movie is an added extra, a distraction to an evening MUNCHING, CHOMPING & SHLURPING. You then have the almost obligatory 5000Db whispering between Mum & Dad who elected to sit as far away from each other as possible, presumably to avoid the stench of BO that they emit.

There should be turnstiles with weigh bridges, erected at the entrance that deny access to people and their grub that come in over a set weight/size. It could also be used to Gaffa Tape their mouths shut for the duration of the film.

Back in the day... I went alone to see "Born on the 4th of July" Tom Cruise

There I was up in the gods, in the back row.. I had a packet of marsh mallows with me. As not to impose on others I opted to wait for the loud volume of the film. And there it was.. the fight scene as our heroes attack the village, explosions everywhere... two rows in front of me was a guy on his own glued to the intensity of the battle.. Could I get this freakin' packet of marshmallows open? Nope! It wasn't for giving at all... I wrestled and wrestled with all my might.. **BOOM** Explosions every where...including my marshmallows.. the bag burst at the right moment at an explosion, showering the poor guy in front that absolutely freaked as marshmallows rained in on him..didn't meant it of course, but it was funny...

Soooooo..........

I play guitar, not very well, but I go to a lot of gigs - tributes, real bands, solo artists etc..

But why oh why when I go to the concert are the RSoles that have to spoil your evening by being pissed and bouncing around like a jerk..

Tonight was no exception...there I am watching the band " A Bowie Tribute" (Very good to they were what makes them even better the Thin White Duke endorsed them himself) and there "He" Is getting pissed, knows every song word for word verbatim, belting it out at the top of his voice and looking around to see who's watching WAIT!! He sees you not smiling or even better still not joining in "His" song ... and all of a sudden your his target .. he now has to come over to you and dance in front of you, block your view, turn around and "Sing to you" (if it can be called that) then when you express your dissatisfaction he gets angry and starts glaring at you cos' he's behaving like a freakin' idiot.. next, he starts stripping off, the bouncers warn him.. but that doesn't stop him being a ****, he barges into you, doesn't care if he does it more than once , he's have a great time, mean while the beer is still flowing, now he staggers towards us, most of the beer is spilling every where , we move out his way, but its like we've become his sole purpose at the gig "Because we're not enjoying it as much as him" Why is that??
Then there's the ones that know all the lyrics and start singing, flat but singing..Oh look you're not singing along... and we're off singing in your face and slapping you on the arm or back, "This is brilliant" smiling etc ..
I go to listen to the band, watch the guitarists, listen to the music, occasionally dance with my partner - not be punched, pushed, jumped on or bumped around.. what is that they don't get? I'm not part of their concert or world..nor want to be..

What yer thought Bruce mate, I'm asking your opinions or others.. as I think its pretty disgusting really that other spoil it..

My best one was two drunks barge their way in front of me and the missus.. one of them starts to rub himself off my missus to the music.. she moves out the way.. seeing that she's not impressed he does it some more..it was a dark sweaty venue, very dark.. he still pursues her. I taught her what to do as I'm a martial artist.. so she politely taps him on the shoulder and asks him to stop.. " He turns and snears " What's the problem luv??" Distracting him with one hand she promptly grabs his meat & two veg.. and twists... her nails are long to boot. Now she has a grip like a vice I know I've experienced it.. but she's got this guy's cluster.. and twisting she finishes by saying "Thanks for the dance.." his mates were pissing themselves whilst the tears were streaming from his eyes...

Discuss..

P.S Not singling you out Bruce, just looking for your welcomed opinion mate..
I'm with you all the way.
If I go to a concert I go to listen to and appreciate the performance. I've paid for a seat. Why does everyone in front of me want to get up and dance so I can't see. If they want to dance why don't they pay for the floor level standing area?
Why if I'm paying to hear a band, either original or tribute do they want to impose their off key singing on me.
I end up coming away thinking next time I'll stay at home and listen to the CD

Here's an extension of this Piff:

So you've purchased a seat right? I've learned over the years that because I'm tall I'll take an aisle seat - more leg room right? So we leave it to the last minute before the performance begins OR go in and just stand at the side of the aisle, this is because the "piss head" has to get in and out to go P or buy more drink for his mates etc.. so in effect you're up and down like a yoyo.. so I try not to indulge this. So we wait... eventually the row is filled and we sit, except there are still some stragglers that come late and they either tap you on the shoulder ("Sorry do I know you?") expecting to get in, say "excuse me" which is fine, or just stand and wait to get in..but its the next part that gets me ..Remember: I'm seated so I have to stand up out of my seat so it takes a few seconds to do this..nope! They can't wait, no sooner have they made me aware that they want in than I'm being used as a kids climbing frame, being stood on etc etc without an apology... One time a group of 4 arrived to get in. The First female was cal Bo... Bo Vine I think she said her name was, bull in a china shop touch too match.. so she barges to get in, her pal behind say something to her, she stops to chat directly in front of me.. big fat RS in my face, she moves on to my missus and stands on her.. I say, "If you waited a few seconds until I got out the way ..." and do you know the response I got???

"Shut the F*ck Up!!" Charming huh??

Why don't you see if your other half has some friends that would like to learn MA's, and train them up too. That way you could have your own security detail...? :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom