One For The Ford Fans!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is this the car model that Rowan Atkinson mentioned he was doing classic racing in?

That was an American Falcon, 2 door coupe that preceeded the Mustang, looks a bit like a mini Galaxie and uses the 4.7 litre Ford small block engine whereas the Galaxie had the big block 7 litre NASCAR engine. This Falcon is the Aussie flavour one but just as tasty. The American Falcon looks simular to that one but 2 door and rear pillars are more steeply raked.

I saw Rowan Atkinson racing his car at Silverstone last year and he is a helluva driver, no surprise he was fastest round Top Gears track last week.

Last edited:
No problem with the price. These cars were the fastest four door production car in the world at the time, quite an achievement for the Australians. They'll spin the rear wheels in top gear @ full throttle. To get one in this condition, with this history appeals to those who saw them race (like I saw this one in very late 1971 & 1972) alongside the American Mustangs and Camaro's. Cars like this have way of embedding themselves in the hearts of little boys, boys who now have grown into men.......

Last edited:
About 2 NZ dollars to the pound so a bargain at 250 grand if that what floats your boat :). Right hand drive too

About 2 NZ dollars to the pound so a bargain at 250 grand if that what floats your boat :). Right hand drive too

I wont be buying it, but Im sure it will sell. Only hope is that it stays in NZL and doesn't go to Australia, or beyond.........

There's an old film from the 70's of a Aussie racing driver (Pete Brock I think but can't be sure) max'ing a GTHO on one of the outback highways, it's a bit of a legend (like the Rendezvous film through Paris), haven't seen it in years.....anyone else know what I'm on about or if it's available online?

There's an old film from the 70's of a Aussie racing driver (Pete Brock I think but can't be sure) max'ing a GTHO on one of the outback highways, it's a bit of a legend (like the Rendezvous film through Paris), haven't seen it in years.....anyone else know what I'm on about or if it's available online?

havn't seen those but hears a couple of vids off TG Australia [YOUTUBE]PqZQr9AwDNU[/YOUTUBE]

AND

[YOUTUBE]8N-AIErR3K4[/YOUTUBE]

Don't you love the sign at 5:45 :):)

Car's quite a bargin really, if they can go for AUD$750 000. This car's as good as you will get anywhere, immculate 5X councours winning condition , with a racing history as good as it can get for only AUD$ 393 000. A bargin really!!

Did anyone else notice Allan Moffat had signed this car next to the chassis plate, in photo 17.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom