One for the Old Rockers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guy

Car
Maserati Quattroporte : Brabus A200CDi D3 : E300TDT
Just back from seeing the reformed Roxy Music who played KOKO [formerly Camden Palace] tonight, and they were fantastic!

No Eno, but Bryan Ferry, Phil Manzanera, Andy MacKay, Paul Thompson, and Chris Spedding, plus other non-members whose names I can't remember...

They are touring, but its an odd list of venues, only Liverpool and the IoW in this country. I recommend it to any Roxy fans :)

Here's a link if you're interested - Roxy tour

Had to tell someone :D

wonderful - I love Roxy Music and Bryan Ferry - although the sex image that many women seem to see just isn't there for me - I can't stand watching him dance - yuck :crazy: but I do love the music :D

Glad you had a good time. I rememebr a visit to Campden Palace as it was many moons ago - a great night!! :rock:

Wasn't sure what to expect on the playlist Francis, but in fact it was nearly all the early years - Pyjamarama, Virginia Plain, Strand etc. But from Avalon they did While my heart is still beating and Tara :)

Pammy - was Campden Palace a freudian reference to Ferry's dancing? :p

Guy said:
Pammy - was Campden Palace a freudian reference to Ferry's dancing? :p

indeed :D :eek: ;)

Guy said:
from Avalon they did While my heart is still beating and Tara :)
Mmmmm ... the tingle factor strikes again :) :)

Shows how old I am. I saw Roxy Music at an all night rock concert in the Queens Hall, Leeds in 1973. I had to leave at 6am to do my paper round! (I was 16) thereby missing BeBop De Luxe.

Saw Roxy Music again at Leeds University in 1975.

Another group performing there were Vinegar Joe, who produced Elkie Brooks and Robert Palmer.

Other bands I remember there were Stray (heavy rockers) Principal Edwards and Camel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom