One for the Pink Floyd fans...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moonloops

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C350 CDI AMG Sport
Pink Floyd The Wall: The Movie's 30th Anniversary Retrospective Exhibition -- Indiegogo

The official photographer from The Wall movie is selling signed artwork/prints to raise funds for an exhibition:

"Celebrating the film’s 30th anniversary, Stills Photographer David Appleby presents for the first time his archive of a unique photographic retrospective behind the scenes making of ‘The Wall’. This exhibition will feature never before seen images along with David’s most classic iconic photographs that have become famously associated with the film, the music and in popular culture."

Thanks for the heads-up on this!

I remember listening to the entire album being played by Tommy Vance on BBC Radio 1's 'Friday Rock Show' in late '79. He had Roger Waters there with him, talking us through every track. Had a profound effect on this 15 year-old schoolboy, that's for sure.

A pleasant stroll along the river from my house, and what must be a stone's throw from Howard is Astoria, Dave Gilmour's recording studio where a lot of Dark Side of the Moon was recorded. I don't know if any of The Wall came from it, perhaps an expert can shed more light?

Attachments

• Astoria 800px.jpg
    Astoria 800px.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 54
I saw the Floyd at an all nighter in their early days at The Roundhouse and fell asleep for part of the show..........

I must have had a complete brain fade. DSOTM wasn't recorded on Astoria, I was thinking of The Division Bell.

Easy mistake to make :dk:

On a slightly different, but loosely associated topic, would anyone on the Forum be kind enough to let me have a copy of "On an Island"? Got the CD cover but the disc has walked. No idea at all how. Happy to pay postge etc. Thanks in anticipation.

On a slightly different, but loosely associated topic, would anyone on the Forum be kind enough to let me have a copy of "On an Island"? Got the CD cover but the disc has walked. No idea at all how. Happy to pay postge etc. Thanks in anticipation.

PM me Mike. We are local, so no probs mate. :thumb:

I dont visit here every day, so be patient for a reply. :D

I can burn you a copy (either on cd or dvd) and send FOC.
PM me if interested.

I remember listening to the entire album being played by Tommy Vance on BBC Radio 1's 'Friday Rock Show' in late '79.

Tommy Vance's Friday Rock Show was a great influence for me, much like John Peel, he found lots of new music to play.

"I'm not funny, I'm not pretty. My whole reason for existence is that I'm a disc jockey. My interest is in the music."

I was listening to the same show you were while in bed and the Helecopter at the start of Happiest Days woke my Brother up in his room... LOL..:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom