One less w202 on the road *sniff*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inkyskin

Some nice fellow in an Iveco pickup today decided he'd pull out in front of me! On top of that, the turn off is for buses only. My car is now dead, and will no doubt get written off :mad:

2760181676_6ce7471820.jpg

2759338569_c938d57070.jpg

Needless to say I'm more than peeved.

Anyone need a cloth interior? :D

Really sorry to hear that mate :crazy:

Best part is that you're not hurt, and can start to plan the next vehicle..... any ideas? C230k comes highly recommended :devil:

Gutted mate!

Glad you werent hurt in the crash, look on the bright side though, now you can get a facelift model with the insurance payout

Ah, bad luck there mate. There are some #*$& drivers around. :(

Sorry mate. I know that horrible feeling.

(good chance to pick up a facelifted 202 now. Plenty of C280's around and they are not too bad on fuel. 27.7MPG mine does).

If you car hasnt been taken back to your house, make sure you de-mod it asap (your New matts spring to mind) and remove the tax-disc so you can get a refund for amount remaining.

I was going to suggest T-Cut, but it isn't that good...so Scratch-X it is then..;)

Sorry to see that, yours was a nice example..

do not remove the tax disc. The insurance company wanted to see mine still stuck on the windscreen. And IIRC, that is the insurance property to sort out.
sorry about this though. Although they might scrap the car and still let you keep it, like they did my first run around peugeot.

They took the second one though

right at what speed were you going and what was your alchohol level? what was the condition of your tyres and brakes?
Sorry just trying to cheer you up:D

Last edited:
do not remove the tax disc. The insurance company wanted to see mine still stuck on the windscreen. And IIRC, that is the insurance problem to sort out.
sorry about this though.

I was told the opposite, the insurance company already know the car is taxed and if you leave it on, the scrappy will end up with it.

I was told the opposite, the insurance company already know the car is taxed and if you leave it on, the scrappy will end up with it.

sorry maybe different companies with different rules. Mine just wanted to see mine on the car.
How can the scrappy claim it unless the car is sold to them? if it is sold to them, then your pay out should take the tax cost into consideration. just like theft of car disc, or stereo .e.t.c

Mine did.

sorry about this inky. I think i need a new combi switch. mine has been playing up.

bad luck mate, as said above, main thing is that your in one piece!

sod the 280, go for a c36 (abt the same mpg driven conservatively) or go find a nice c43 if you can afford the fuel!

How can the scrappy claim it unless the car is sold to them? if it is sold to them, then your pay out should take the tax cost into consideration. just like theft of car disc, or stereo

Guess so, I didnt want to take the risk :)

Thanks for the comments guys, and the tax disc advice - didnt even think of that!

I'll probably get some pokey astra run about for now, and then save up and get something a bit beefier (C43, but I doubt our lass would let me :D )

She want's me to get a 4x4 in case were ever in another accident lol

The car seemed to handle it quite well (Was doing 40mph), I'm a bit gutted my airbag didn't deploy though!

She want's me to get a 4x4 in case were ever in another accident lol

The car seemed to handle it quite well (Was doing 40mph), I'm a bit gutted my airbag didn't deploy though!

It didn't need to, so shouldn't have.

As far as a 4x4, why not get an Iveco van, it seems to have taken it quite well..;)

I'm a bit gutted my airbag didn't deploy though!

You would have been more gutted with burns and a broken nose from the airbag!

Contray to what Sir Alan of Partridge says, they arent like a big pillow! :)

a 4x4 might limit your evasive ability nd you may end up on the roof. just get an E class w124, a proper clean 95 one.

Indeed, hit him good and proper :D Won't be driving that around anytime soon!

Excellent.. At least you knobbled him too..:D :D

Did the BiB attend.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom