One less w202 on the road *sniff*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yup, actually quite pleased with the way it was handled, and the third party accepeted full responsibility, which was nice.

Sorry to read this, I even got that horrible feeling in my stomach when I read your headline.

Glad you're okay, and as has been suggesed, start thinking about your next purchase. That'll take your mind off things.

Hunting for new cars is great fun! Go for a facelift W202 - £2k will get you a decent one, sod an Astra :D

Yup, actually quite pleased with the way it was handled.

Can you say that on here..??:rolleyes:

The other driver will be looking at a lack of due care charge for this...He might be lucky and be offered a driving refresher course.

Plus the fact it was a no right turn junction unless your a bus :)

Here's a nice replacement !!

Thats about 10miles from me!

I knew straight away that I wanted a Sliver C240 Sport, it took me over 4months to track it down - was good fun though!

It amazed me how little effort people had when selling cars though.

Unlucky mate, but the main thing is that the car did its job and protected you.

For NCAP data on the W202 its held up very well and looks remarkably undamaged - but for its value it will be totalled.

RE W203's you need to go 03 on for a decent one, and verytalldave when he see's this will probably recommend the face lifted one.

Would a W210 fit the bill, or a mint W124, or just go with what you had.

Right Karl , sell Inky your car , and get up to that C36 , problem solved ! :bannana:

w124 isn't to my tastes, don't mind w210's though, there an option too.

The 210 will rust away before you even get it home ...

Man Inkyskin's W202 was such a nice rare example of a early W202 and a real shame it has had to die like that. However that it is good news is that you are safe and well, after all it can be replaced. As mentioned do be sure to remove all the goodies that you possibly can.

Sound system has been removed (Bar the wiring), need to get the mats yet.

Anyone need few week old black w202 mats that came from a dealer? ;)

Yes Ben, shame about the car, one less W202 on the road, but what's more important is that you're ok. Now get yourself a C230K or C280 or better still get a C36 or C43,..........don't get a W203 that would just be silly :devil:

I, too, am sorry to hear this, Inkyskin. But I'm glad you're OK.

Let the car searching begin!
I have to agree with other members, though - sod an Astra runabout, stick with the 3 pointed star! :devil:

Darren

I will be getting another Merc at some point, but I'd like to save and get something special - the payout on the existing policy wont do that. I need a motor asap, so getting the run about for now, then save for something miles better than what I had. The fact that there are some real nice mercs dropping rapidly in price means I should be in a strong position when I get the cash I need :D

I can also keep the runabout for our lass to use when she gets round to getting her license too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom