One Million B-Classes Sold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Sales jubilee Mercedes-Benz B-Class: Mercedes-Benz B-Class – celebrating over one million sales

•Market leader for compact MPVs in the German market
•Safety and comfort of B-Class unique in the sector
•B-Class Electric Drive and Natural Gas Drive ready for launch
Since the launch of the B-Class in 2005, Mercedes-Benz has seen customers taking delivery of over one million of these vehicles. The sports tourer has done especially well in the German market and is the market leader in the compact MPV sector. Around 30 percent of B-Class customers previously drove a different brand of vehicle. Germany is the biggest market for theB-Class, followed by China.

“The B-Class is the perfect combination of sporty design, impressive driving dynamics and incomparable driving comfort,” says Ola Källenius, Member of the Divisional Board Mercedes-Benz Cars responsible for Marketing & Sales. “That’s what makes it so popular with our customers. What has been particularly noticeable with the current model is that we are reaching the most diverse customer groups, from families with children to active seniors.”
The B-Class is also very popular with fleet customers. In 2013 it was again voted Corporate Car of the Year. The most popular engines worldwide for the B-Class are currently the B 180 petrol and diesel engines, which each account for around 30 percent. Half of all the B-Class vehicles sold are fitted with a navigation and infotainment system. Also particularly popular are the Night Package and the bi-xenon headlamps.

Mercedes-Benz introduced the B-Class in 2005. Following on from the A-Class, the spacious sports tourer was Mercedes-Benz’s second compact model. The B-Class is produced at the plants Rastatt in Germany and Kecskemét in Hungary. Rastatt is the centre of excellence for compact car production within the global Mercedes-Benz production network.

In 2011, the second generation of the B-Class came onto the market. This was the first model from Mercedes-Benz’s new compact car generation. And the B-Class ushered in a further revolution in safety technology: for the first time in the compact class, the COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST system was fitted as standard. This radar-assisted collision warning system with adaptive brake assist warns the driver when he is too close to the vehicle in front and, if necessary, applies full braking power. The B-Class also stands out as the only vehicle in its class to come with optional all-wheel drive.

2014 sees the launch of two new alternative drive technologies for the B-Class. Available in Europe from February, the B 200 Natural Gas Drive is powered by natural gas and is especially efficient and cost-effective to run.

The B-Class Electric Drive, meanwhile, which debuts in the US in the second quarter of 2014 and in Europe at the end of 2014, provides an exceptional driving experience. As Mercedes’ contribution to the electric vehicle market, it sets clear standards for comfort, quality and safety. With an electric power range of 200 kilometres, a generous interior and five seats, it provides noticeably powerful acceleration, glides along almost noiselessly and is highly suitable for everyday use. The B-Class Electric Drive effortlessly combines dynamism and driving pleasure with a high degree of practicality and zero local emissions.

3957843177973421.jpg

I actually quiet like the look of the new B-Class, saw one the other day in black with large wheels. If I was in the market for a family wagon it would be on my list.

The old one came out just as I bought my C Class and I thought MB would sell loads of them and it would impact C Class sales (and values) but it's just never taken off in the UK. I can't recall ever seeing one on the road locally (Chester) and they're a rare sight when driving elsewhere in the UK. Wonder how many they've sold here?

We see a fair few B's around and I do like the newer version. Would certainly have considered one rather than our S203 if there had been any within budget.

Not sure I'd class it as a "sports tourer" though ?!

I was behind one the other day. The occupants must have been in their 70s and clearly found the sports bit quite frightening as they never went above 25mph through 30 and 60 speed limits.

The old one came out just as I bought my C Class and I thought MB would sell loads of them and it would impact C Class sales (and values) but it's just never taken off in the UK. I can't recall ever seeing one on the road locally (Chester) and they're a rare sight when driving elsewhere in the UK. Wonder how many they've sold here?

The peak was 6000cars per year with a consistent 5000 per year.So your lack of sightings is freakishly unusual!
Combined stats (63 models) MERCEDES B CLASS - How Many Left?

The C class is the best selling Merc car ever with 6,900,000 to November 2006

I see as many if not more B's than C's lately myself.

Planning to replace the current A class we have (W169 2011 A160 Avantgarde) with a B180 SE. Would not go for the Sport although it looks better as I prefer the confort that the SE gives you for the type of usage we do ... Space wise for the passenger by the way is almost identical to the W169 we have

Theo

We adore our b class is such a great car for the family. Loads of space for such a small car that puts plenty of much larger cars to shame, it's lovely and quiet, just the right height to load the kids.

I see loads of them about! I think the real thing that hurt the b class sales was the price it wasn't cheap compared to the competition.

The peak was 6000cars per year with a consistent 5000 per year.So your lack of sightings is freakishly unusual!

How does that compare with other models (any make) which might be considered more popular? I see the SMMT figures by manufacturer, but I don't know how they break down by model.

We adore our b class is such a great car for the family. Loads of space for such a small car that puts plenty of much larger cars to shame, it's lovely and quiet, just the right height to load the kids.

I see loads of them about! I think the real thing that hurt the b class sales was the price it wasn't cheap compared to the competition.

l would think the cvt auto tranny have hurt sales... down here it is hard to move a b class on the second hand market ,when a prospective buyer carries out some research on the reliability and the repair cost of the auto

How does that compare with other models (any make) which might be considered more popular? I see the SMMT figures by manufacturer, but I don't know how they break down by model.

About 2 months worth of BMW 1 series sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom