One month into E55k ownership...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RossMB

Car
E63 AMG Estate
And the world is a beautiful place.

OK the good points first. I use the car pretty much every day and it makes my life just a bit more colourful! It's incredibly comfortable, well equipped and actually a very practical, sensible (I know lol) family car. People seem a lot more aware of what the car is than the 210 E55 it replaced, may be the V8 Kompressor badges, huge brakes & huge tailpipes! Not exactly a sleeper but it's more subtle than the Misano Red RS6 I had!

Is it fast. Hell yes. Possible too fast for the majority of situations, instant power meaning as soon as your foot goes down your at higher speeds than you should be. It is very at ease with higher speeds and doesn't feel quite as cumbersome when pushed as the 210.

Do I miss the 210? In a way yes I do, there was just something charming to me about the older car, I loved it's looks and it's basic way of going about its business. It was a bit like an older dog that you love because of things you have been through together! Also I guess because the 211 is worth twice as much and more expensive If it breaks and in better condition I have a higher worry factor. I think a little bit of me likes the flaws and scars of the older car.

Did I make the right decision swapping 210-211? Yes, definitely. As an everyday car the 211 feels a lot more advanced than just the 5-6 years that separate them and the performance is far more brutal in its delivery. I said to a friend last week I think I'm currently sitting 2 feet from one of the greatest engines I've ever experienced.

The one question left is remap and pulley?! :devil:

Last edited:
That is a thing of beauty - enjoy :thumb:.

Forgot to say, first job on the car will be "fixing" the way the tailpipes sit too short of the rear diffuser. They are Eisenman boxes and really don't look right being so short, on the flip side it sounds so naughty :rock:

55k is such a great engine, stuck in a W/S 211 it's a superb combo.

A wonderful car. Enjoy

Well done on buying that one Ross. It looked a good car when I viewed it last year. I would still rather have had a black one than a silver one but I can't complain as mine has caused no real issues in the 18 months I've had it. Problem is what to replace it with?
E63 at 08 level is double the price and for what really? I'd like a cls 63 estate but then its quite a hike in cost. Not sure really.

Forgot to say, first job on the car will be "fixing" the way the tailpipes sit too short of the rear diffuser. They are Eisenman boxes and really don't look right being so short, on the flip side it sounds so naughty :rock:

Was just about to mention that. Looks very odd, shame there so much shorter.

Car looks great.:rock:

Truely an awesome car I have had mine a year in March on my birthday. Best birthday present I've ever had. Most favorite car to date brutal brutal power. As I have said before it may be a but dated but one of the best engines ever built if not the best.

On a plus side running costs haven't been astronomical either. Just wear tear so far. Mines a day to day car also.

I love the s211 estates !! Yours looks fantastic !! Great choice

Can we hear the eisenmann???

I also drive a 55k engine as a daily , and it gives a hell of a lot back !

I'll have owned my 55k 4 years this year and it never gets old. Just knowing there is instant power whenever its needed never fails to make me smile.
Only the 5.5tt E63 can replace it.

I'll have owned my 55k 4 years this year and it never gets old. Just knowing there is instant power whenever its needed never fails to make me smile.

Or an Audi RS6? :D or M5?

lovely car, totally agree its a beast, go for the pulley and remap option

Or an Audi RS6? :D or M5?

Neither thanks. I find the cabin inside Audi's depressing and I just can't ever see me looking to buy a BMW, especially an M5.
I may be missing out, but the W212 E63 would do everything I want and I like the brand.

Fancy mine?

Might be looking to sell mine.....

Very Highly spec'd and nothing needed.

:thumb:

Attachments

• 20170103_151901[1].jpg
    20170103_151901[1].jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 19

I'd love it mate, but need to save a few more pennies first and I'm still enjoying the E55.

You'll have no problem selling yours though. Its a cracker.

I've owned both before...

I had a 2003 C5 RS6 Avant, similar brutal power, I actually really liked the interior, sounded great but always felt it could have been more fun to drive. Big issues with suspension and gearboxes always a worry...

Also had a few E39 M5s, they are every bit as good as everyone says. The best handling/feel big saloon I've driven. I had E30 M3s in the past and I rate the E39 M5 higher. Just my personal experience and view.

Having said all that the E55k in estate form is more powerful, faster, more practical, and a nicer place to be on a daily basis. Hence my choice!

Cleaned :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom