One of the Best Driving Roads in the World?? Antrim Coast Road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

riceboy

Car
C270 CDI Avantgarde SE
Hi guys,

My better half recently bought me a camcorder for my birthday and I am trying to learn the ropes of creating and editing videos.
After a nice week long break along the North Coast of the Emerald Isle, armed with my camcorder and suction mount, I thought I would take the opportunity to make a video of one of the best roads in the country; some might even go as far as saying one of the best roads in the world.

Have a looky:

[YOUTUBE]tdkNO8LUZMk[/YOUTUBE]

Best Driving Road in the World? Antrim Coast Road - YouTube

My lame effort to edit the video meant some of the quality was lost (didn’t help I hadn’t it set to record in HD to start with) but you get the idea. I am hoping over the coming months I will do a few more in the North and South of Ireland including Dingle pass and the Gap of Dunloe. Any suggestions from you tech/media wizards into editing software and general camcorder settings I am all ears :)

Thanks for looking

Andrew

Another great road that you might find enjoyable is the N52 from Ardee to Mullingar , its one of my favs on the bike

Hi. Agree it's a stunning road, many good driving memories
Try the main road from Cookstown to Omagh
Just watch out for VW vans

Thank you Andrew. I would have loved either a voice-over to mention the village or town names you passed through or "bubble boxes" with the names in.
We know a lot of town and village names over here but not exactly where they are.
Keep Up the good work.
CHEERS

Another great road that you might find enjoyable is the N52 from Ardee to Mullingar , its one of my favs on the bike

Thank you, i must go have a nosey soon. I used to be passing Ardee on the N2 all the time in the lorries but have never been on the N52. Next good weekend plans sorted :)

Hi. Agree it's a stunning road, many good driving memories
Try the main road from Cookstown to Omagh
Just watch out for VW vans

Have to say i love that road too. Could also be next up on the video hit list :) Thanks

Thank you Andrew. I would have loved either a voice-over to mention the village or town names you passed through or "bubble boxes" with the names in.
We know a lot of town and village names over here but not exactly where they are.
Keep Up the good work.
CHEERS

Thanks John :) I'm sure i could figure out how to add text to the movie. Could probably add in details of all the chip shops along the way too :thumb:

Ardee...went to school with a guy from there,a Magee, owned the big shop...until a certain Mr Goodman got into conversation with them...

Is this the start of a song by any chance renaultt12ts? A McGee from Ardee :) Just a shot in the dark.. :)

Ahh sorry, read into it like an Anna from Buncrana type thing :) My bad :doh:

For Trapperjohn, some of the towns on the run starting with the first seaside town:

Cushedun,
Cushendall,
Waterfoot (uncle's house on the left at 5:28),
Carnlough,
Glenarm,
Ballygally,
Ballygally Castle Hotel at 8:59 (my aunt managed this in the 70s),
ending at Larne.

Awsome!! :) :thumb:

Thanks for the list above :) When i figure out how to properly use this camcorder i might do a Belfast - Londonderry/Derry along the coastal route and add town/village along the way :) Might be useful to some folk

For Trapperjohn, some of the towns on the run starting with the first seaside town:

Cushedun,
Cushendall,
Waterfoot (uncle's house on the left at 5:28),
Carnlough,
Glenarm,
Ballygally,
Ballygally Castle Hotel at 8:59 (my aunt managed this in the 70s),
ending at Larne.

Thanks for the list.

Many years ago when I was courting - SWMBO took me to a beach at Tyrella. I remember it as a beautiful place. Is it anywhere off that route.
I had an old VW Beetle back then. 2110 EZ was the Reg Number.

Thanks for the list.

Many years ago when I was courting - SWMBO took me to a beach at Tyrella. I remember it as a beautiful place. Is it anywhere off that route.
I had an old VW Beetle back then. 2110 EZ was the Reg Number.

No TJ, Larne is north of Belfast, whereas, Tyrella is south off the road to Newcastle (where the mountains of Mourne sweep down to the sea). We had a Beetle when I was young...7754 XI...there was six of us kids in the back of that before my dad wised up and got a proper big estate (hence why I like proper big estate cars).

Tyrella is in County Down, close to Dundrum and Downpatrick, also a lovely part of the country with views over to the Mourne Mountains. Its not the same route in the video but probably only an hours to an hour and a halfs drive from Larne at the end of the video above :)

BTW, what is SWMBO :) ?

Tyrella is in County Down, close to Dundrum and Downpatrick, also a lovely part of the country with views over to the Mourne Mountains. Its not the same route in the video but probably only an hours to an hour and a halfs drive from Larne at the end of the video above :)

BTW, what is SWMBO :) ?

SWMBO = she who must be obeyed...;)

That's why i am always in the dog house!!! If i didn't know what what hope have i??!! :) :)

I'm not so much always in the dog house as just in it. Its just the depth that differs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom