One space available for the Skid Pan!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyer

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Mustang GT
[Hope the mods don't mind me posting this here, but it may get more exposure]

There is one space available for the morning session of the Skid Pan GTG - click here for more info.

Anyone is welcome and it promises to be great fun.

(There may be another two places for the PM session, if iced-out doesn't confirm shortly).

Cheers
Andrew

No problem.

Come on Koolvin - You NEEEEEEEEEED to sign up! :D

Andrew, Have you filled the 3 spaces that seem to be available ?
The reason I'm asking is you paid for 24 places, and if you have 3 left then it works out for only 21 of us at more than the £68-54 per place that we paid.
Surely each of us attending should have to contribute the difference. We cant in all fairness leave you with the extra £200 or so bill because people have dropped out or not contacted you.

If you do the sums and let us know how much it is, paying you on the day would seem to be the best option at this late stage.

Its a shame its worked out so difficult for you Andrew, I don't suppose you'll agree to sorting something like this out again! Pitty people let you down.

Thanks guys. Ray, I'm hopeful it won't come to that. Richard, these things happen; no problem to do another in the future :shrug: .

iced-out hasn't contacted me, so unless he's helping ESA locate Beagle2, he's badly let me, the club and ultimately himself, down. Never mind, move on.

So, we do have three spaces available, one in the morning, two in the afternoon. Ladies are welcome <hint>, and I guarantee you will learn something, that may just save your motor from a smash one day, as well as being a top laugh. And I'll echo Graham, Koolvin you need this fix mate!

[Mods, any chance of making this sticky until Sunday??]

Cheers
Andrew

Come on pep's. Places for a great day going. Wash way the post Xmas blues and have a laugh.

(poor advert I know but I tried :( )

NormanB said:
Andrew

Is there any chance of nabbing the two afternoon slots pour moi and SWMBO!

NormanB

SOLD! to that man. I've PM'd you with details. Good man!

Just the one AM session left ... Koolvin grab it quick!

There is still a place available for the morning session, and at only £68.54, this has to be the bargain of the year!

Just think, this time next week, you could be impressing your neighbours with your newly-learned skidding skills, as they crash, bang and wallop into lamp-posts, wheelie-bins and cats, whilst you serenely apply opposite lock and power yourself and your four-wheeled chariot around them. And you will make oversteer your servant.

Amaze yourself as you rediscover the lost art of cadence braking and at the same time improve the strength in your right leg - your football pals will be awestruck at the power your right foot now possesses.

A trip to Tescos will never be the same again, as you impress your partner with 2am visits to purchase bread and milk, but in reality you know that you can practice your drifting skills (a la Need for Speed Underground) around the empty, snow-laden car park, your only company being other skid-panners who, having had their bite of the skid-pan cherry, now find themselves as addicted to viewing the world out of their side-windows as you, irredeemably, are.

And when the venerable Mercedes dealership deems to give you a VW Polo, or similar front-wheel drive vehicle as a courtesy vehicle whilst your own is undergoing their considered fettling, you will understand the different mindset required when you encounter that old bastion of the unskilled driver, understeer. And you will make understeer your servant.

Because you are the Master of the Skid! :cool:

Only one space left for an event that could change your life forever ...

(A little over the top, but I'm desperate!)

Cheers
Andrew ;)

Might have a taker. He's in Bristol on Sat night, so it's looking good. Got to go to a meeting now, will call him straight after.

Flyer said:
change your life forever ...

(A little over the top, but I'm desperate!)
I'm sure we'll get a taker.

Talking of seeing life out of the side window, I was at the Autosport show a couple of weeks ago and there were a bunch of Nissan 300ZXs performing serious 'car-o-batics' . . . they called themselves "Steer from the Rear" . . . so looking forward to learning how the hell they do it ! Amazing stuff.

S.

scotth_uk said:
Got him! Looks like the AM slots are now full. :)

[mrburns] Excellent!! [/mrburns]

Can you let me have his name for the certificate; he may as well bring the cheque with him on Sunday now.

Cheers
Andrew

His name is: Richard Lloyd.

Unfortunately he is a VW driver. His old man's an ex Merc owner, so I invited him. Close enough..... ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom