One Thank you, Your choice!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Seeing how the other thread is about people who are disliked, how about a thread to say thankyou.

I'll start by nominating Ft Lt Geoffrey Wellum DFC (Battle of Britain Pilot)
Also Tariq Jahan for his courage after his son was killed in the riots.

"Thank" if you agree with the nominations and add your own list of people deserving of our thanks.

How sad that the best effort at thanking people we can come up with is to bring people down. I suspect having lost his son in a riot and having being the subject of mass publicity his head may be all over the place. What he did after the riots was still courageous even if he is found guity of some other failing. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.....

Last edited:
How sad that the best effort at thanking people we can come up with is to bring people down. I suspect having lost his son in a riot and having being the subject of mass publicity his head may be all over the place. What he did after the riots was still courageous even if he is found guity of some other failing. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.....

Try reading the article, he did it before the riots

Why would you want to "Thank" someone who intentionally goes out to maim or murder another human

(LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT.............???????????)

PC David Rathband - shot by Raoul Moat.

A very inspriational person in my opinion.

Try reading the article, he did it before the riots
Thankyou. I had read the article. My point being we are all complex multidimensional people and none of us are faultless no matter what other good we may do. Tariq Jahan is obviously not perfect, nevertheless, his actions after the death of his son may have saved many other lives. I celebrate his good actions and share no doubt everyone's disappointment in his failings.

Why would you want to "Thank" someone who intentionally goes out to maim or murder another human

(LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT.............???????????)

We don't know that he did "intentionally", and see my above comment.
Re: My "Let he.." quote it was less about Mr Jahan and more about the attitudes shown on here. We are quick to bad mouth people but slow to recognise our own faults.

Last edited:
Patrick Moore for living long enough to make The Stars at Night a broadcasting legend.
David Attenborough for showing us the Natural World through new eyes
John Lasseter for Pixar
Carl Sagan for SETI and setting our sights towards the heavens
James Lovelock for the Gaia Hypothesis and focussing our sights back on Earth.
John Paul George and Ringo for the music

the list goes on_______:dk:

My thanks go to the legions of decent people who do the little things that make life better for others, while quietly carrying on with their own lives whatever adversities are thrown at them. They are the ones that make a for a good society.

My thanks go to the legions of decent people who do the little things that make life better for others, while quietly carrying on with their own lives whatever adversities are thrown at them. They are the ones that make a for a good society.

Thanks Rayny. It's nice to be appreciated.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom