One Ugly House

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
Ambani-460_1739069c.jpg

India's richest man Mukesh Ambani moves into £630m home - Telegraph

BTW, they mention at least one 'studio'.

What's a studio?

That's unremittingly hideous. Proof that money does not buy you class or taste.

It does not even look like they have finished building it yet.

No one has questioned how a building 27 storeys high could possibly be worth any where near £630m.

No one has questioned how a building 27 storeys high could possibly be worth any where near £630m.

Mr Ambani, 53, who owns much of oil, retail and bio-technology comglomerate Reliance Industries, paid £44million to build his dream property, but astronomical property values in the Indian city mean it is now worth 15 times that amount.

Apparently...

I assume it's Mumbai...apparently they pay more per sq ft than Mayfair!!!

Obviously planning permission wasn't much of an issue for the guy or aesthetics, for that matter

I assume it's Mumbai...apparently they pay more per sq ft than Mayfair!!!

Must be way more. At that valuation, it works out at over £17k per sq ft. Houses in the smartest parts of London are currently making around £3k, while an apartment in the landmark One Hyde Park development was reported to have set a world record earlier this year at £6k. So why has Mumbai suddenly shot so far ahead of everywhere else?

Must be way more. At that valuation, it works out at over £17k per sq ft. Houses in the smartest parts of London are currently making around £3k, while an apartment in the landmark One Hyde Park development was reported to have set a world record earlier this year at £6k. So why has Mumbai suddenly shot so far ahead of everywhere else?

Clearly Lost in translation my friend..

Clearly Lost in translation my friend..

I'd put it down to hype, and the cachet of claiming to own a billion-dollar home. Let's reserve judgement until someone actually offers him that for it in a legitimate sale... ;)

I'd put it down to hype, and the cachet of claiming to own a billion-dollar home. Let's reserve judgement until someone actually offers him that for it in a legitimate sale... ;)

Us Indians eh... maybe My 124 is worth EVEN more than i originally thought..

time to get the calculator out.. lol

Us Indians eh... maybe My 124 is worth EVEN more than i originally thought..

time to get the calculator out.. lol

Done it for you... Your 124 (based on your recent valuation) is coming out at about £390 per sq ft. Perhaps if you parked it in Mumbai, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom