Onecall Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash59fifty-uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C204 C63, VW Transporter
As above, has anybody else used their website?

Was briefly stuck for insurance this afternoon for a new car. Current insurer after quoting me 1400ish on a C63 saloon, today dropped the bomb that I couldn’t get insurance from them for the same model as a Coupe. However, as a good will gesture they waivered my cancellation fee (policy from old car has only ran since June). MoneySuperMarket, compare etc giving me quotes of 1500+ for the new car, some with telematics, some required tracker etc

So I stumbled across Onecall’s website today, expecting nothing amazing. Entered the details and surprisingly, up popped a quote from Admiral for circa £1100 (previously, only this price with a telematics box was available on other comparison sites)

Quite impressed, went ahead with Admiral. The other quotes that came up from other companies were cheaper too, there was also an option to input a ‘One Call’ voucher (which I forgot). Strangely enough, Oncecalls own insurance quote with them was £1700!

Thought I may post it here as another option for members other than the usual suspect comparison sites, worth checking out

I use One Call at a fraction of the cost .My last insurance RAC went through the roof so i went for a quote from - O/C near the half price for my car . That included break down cover also.

Yeah I was real surprised, their search engine came back with great results apart from their own cover. Will be going through them again next year

Through the Meerkat, I got a quote from Admiral for my (new driver) daughter's Polo: £1500.
Having ignored it for a couple of days, a rep from their Cardiff office rang me and started negotiating...

After a LONG time on the phone we settled on a multi-car policy for my daughter, me in the ML and the Mrs in a new Fiesta for.........£1500!

A no-brainer. That was over a year ago. and staggeringly, it went down to £1100 this year.

At that price, who cares if they pay out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom