Online Driver Training course - views?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
Anyone know of this company or course? Anyone done it or something similar?

e-Careers - Online Driver Training

Groupon are running a 90% discount offer (£20 instead of £199).

Not a huge risk at £20 & I guess it can't hurt, just wondering what the panel thought.

I can't comment on this one but I have just done the IAM on line program because work paid, not surprising as an advanced instructor I came out with 98%. but I'm classed as a medium risk driver for 3 reasons alone.

1. I drive more than 20,000 miles per year
2. I drive overseas
3. I work regularly in different time zones

My opinion is these on line courses are good reminders and nothing more for £20 you would be better buying a copy of the Police Roadcraft DVD it would be more use.

There's no substitute for being behind the wheel with a qualified instructor, why not join rospa their courses are free most instructors are traffic cops and you get a real good education that will give you greater car control, greater awareness of your surroundings and make you a better overall driver

Would I pay £199 for this absolutely no way when better can be given for free with just a little investment of your time :thumb:

Ta but it's not for me, I already know how to drive.

I was thinking about it for someone learning to drive.

Ta but it's not for me, I already know how to drive.

I was thinking about it for someone learning to drive.

Ah well in that case £20 is probably a good buy, sorry I must have misread it and thought it was an advanced programme :doh:

The free practice ones online (gov.uk and other sites) would be a better bet. Sometimes the third-party ones like this are not actually approved at all by the DSA, and have very little relation to the real test itself.
For not much more, you could get them IAM membership (I can't remember if they do anything for learners though), or a Pass Plus.

After being in the driver training business for over 30 years (now retired) I always look at this sort of stuff with a critical eye as most of it over the years has been a load of tosh.

Firms come and go (mostly go) and many latch on to whichever wheeze seems most promising at the time. Don't know this firm so can't comment on their credentials or the value of their product but as others have mentioned the involvement of humans in the learning to drive process is a much better bet in my educated view.

If Groupon are your cup of tea and they and the provider are to be relied upon I suppose £20 isn't too much of a risk and the background knowledge gained from such a resource would always be useful to anyone learning from scratch.

As they say - you pays yer money and .................. But £199 - someone is having a laugh.

Last edited:
After being in the driver training business for over 30 years (now retired) I always look at this sort of stuff with a critical eye as most of it over the years has been a load of tosh.

Firms come and go (mostly go) and many latch on to whichever wheeze seems most promising at the time. Don't know this firm so can't comment on their credentials or the value of their product but as others have mentioned the involvement of humans in the learning to drive process is a much better bet in my educated view.

If Groupon are your cup of tea and they and the provider are to be relied upon I suppose £20 isn't too much of a risk and the background knowledge gained from such a resource would always be useful to anyone learning from scratch.

As they say - you pays yer money and .................. But £199 - someone is having a laugh.

Yes, at £199 I wouldn't even look at it, but £20 is cheap enough & for someone who will be getting a provisional license in a few months it can't hurt (can it?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom