Online Service Quote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I dunno :) it's just what the car says mine also 2017 and done 19k 50 days untill service due and a hefty 4k miles since it's last one £100 for brake fluid Is steep though
That’s odd, mine has done 21k, and service is due and booked for 16 July, and showing B4, maybe someone more knowledgeable on these matters can explain why this is for 2 cars same year, similar mileage.

That’s odd, mine has done 21k, and service is due and booked for 16 July, and showing B4, maybe someone more knowledgeable on these matters can explain why this is for 2 cars same year, similar mileage.
I don't claim to be more knowledgeable but the numbers don't relate to the age (well, not directly); it's to do with what extra items are needed on top of a basic A or B service. From memory (but don't quote me) an A1 or B1 is an A or B service plus brake fluid, a B4 is B plus probably air & fuel filter, a 7 is ATF change and so on. Just examples but that's the principle. Of course, only accurate if the car's service indicator is correctly reset/updated after each service

I don't claim to be more knowledgeable but the numbers don't relate to the age (well, not directly); it's to do with what extra items are needed on top of a basic A or B service. From memory (but don't quote me) an A1 or B1 is an A or B service plus brake fluid, a B4 is B plus probably air & fuel filter, a 7 is ATF change and so on. Just examples but that's the principle. Of course, only accurate if the car's service indicator is correctly reset/updated after each service
Strange this, as brake fluid is every 2 years, so I am definitely due that as this is the fourth service,
and on the electronic service sheet, no mention of fuel filter or air filter (these were changed last year) but mentions replace dust filter, whatever that is.

Strange this, as brake fluid is every 2 years, so I am definitely due that as this is the fourth service,
and on the electronic service sheet, no mention of fuel filter or air filter (these were changed last year) but mentions replace dust filter, whatever that is.
Dust filter is cabin filter I think
Last service it had air and fuel filters

If you do the online quote it be interesting to see what things it lists under the service that's different to what's listed for mine and what costs were you given?

Just found this
Service 1 A Minor basic service
Service 2 B Major basic service
Service 3 Engine oil and filter change
Service 4 Brake fluid
Service 5 Combination filter
Service 6 Dust filter (integrated in service B)
Service 7 Activated charcoal filter
Service 8 Air filter element
Service 9 Tilting/sliding roof
Service 10 Panoramic sliding sunroof
Service 11 Fuel filter
Service 12 Spark plugs
Service 13 Coolant
Service 14 Main coolant circuit
Service 15 Trailer hitch
Service 16 Parking brake
Service 17 Emergency call system battery
Service 18 Brake algoritm
Service 19 Diesel particulate filter
Service 20 Automatic transmission: oil and filter change (only NAG2)

Mines a March 2018 "C" class with 17500 miles , just got a quote for an "A" service, additional items Air & Fuel filter +Lube sunroof, cost £593.00. I've got a service contract for £38.00 a month so good value against paying when the service is due. Courtesy car included with fuel for 80 miles and no requirement to refill but £10 for insurance and Mobilo for another year.

Halfords will do major service +brake fluid so air filter and cabin and oil filter for 255

Halfords will do major service +brake fluid so air filter and cabin and oil filter for 255
Shhhhhh you can't mention halfords and service in the same sentence. Theyll be hell on now !!!

Dust filter AKA cabin filter AKA pollen filter AKA activated carbon filter - on the C-Class, it is included in the price of the base B service.

Dust filter AKA cabin filter AKA pollen filter AKA activated carbon filter - on the C-Class, it is included in the price of the base B service
So for different names which describes 1 product.😳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom