Only in America

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
All these items are for sale in this store

I've been there! Amazing - there's an indoor range at the back, so you can 'try before you buy' or just rent one for a while and squeeze off a few rounds for fun.

The range is a scary place. The holes in the ceiling tiles - right above your head - and the counter tops (just in front of you where you lay your gun) are testament to the past presence of some real idiots.

While we were there, so was a small group of Japanese youths trying out a semi-automatic rifle, under the supervision of one of the owners. But the youths were waving it around like it was a hosepipe watering the garden - f**kwits. Happily, they were soon shown the door...

Not having so much as held a real handgun before, the lasting impression I took away with me was just how hot the things get after half an hour and 50 rounds or so.

What I did not see in the video was the bazookas. There was a whole range of them to choose from. And RPG launchers.

The wierdest bit? The paper range targets came in a choice of ethnicity. You could choose to 'blow away' a White, Black or Hispanic individual.

I am not kidding.

Only in America indeed.

"Guns don't kill people."

Quite true..... it's the bullet that does the killing.

America truly scares me.

"Guns don't kill people."

Quite true..... it's the bullet that does the killing.

America truly scares me.

I think America is a great place to visit....

It's Americans that scare me..............:eek::eek:

Where i`m from you could buy a gun on boot sale 12yrs ago.

Last edited:
Thank goodness all the guns i saw in NYC were in the hands of the cops. All seven plus branches of them within manhattan alone.
How many police divisions do you need in one city? NYPD, PO Police,PAPD, MTA police, Armtrak police, Courts police,Parks police. all armed and ready to go.

Thank goodness all the guns i saw in NYC were in the hands of the cops. All seven plus branches of them within manhattan alone.
How many police divisions do you need in one city? NYPD, PO Police,PAPD, MTA police, Armtrak police, Courts police,Parks police. all armed and ready to go.

Judging by some of their attemots at Modding Mercs I would say that another is required.....The Taste Police:doh:

Well in London you have the Metropolitan Police, City of London Police, Diplomatic Police, British Rail Police, HQs of MI5 & MI6...can't think of any more..:D...all (bar Transport police) potentially armed at times...

is Special Branch part of the Met or seperate?

Well in London you have the Metropolitan Police, City of London Police, Diplomatic Police, British Rail Police, HQs of MI5 & MI6...can't think of any more..:D...all (bar Transport police) potentially armed at times...

is Special Branch part of the Met or seperate?

In london, uniformed are just MET, city police and BTP and MOD. If you include the intelligence, you can add Sheriff dept to NYC ,FBI,CIA, NYC parks police. if you are out of the city you will see only the met. DPG is part of the met, still says met on the cars

I walked across from 30th street to penn station and came across 5 PD's in a space of 100yards.
worse if you are on broadway south or wall street, you will come across all seven within 50metres

Last edited:
In london, uniformed are just MET, city police and BTP and MOD. If you include the intelligence, you can add Sheriff dept to NYC ,FBI,CIA, NYC parks police. if you are out of the city you will see only the met. DPG is part of the met, still says met on the cars

I walked across from 30th street to penn station and came across 5 PD's in a space of 100yards.
worse if you are on broadway south or wall street, you will come across all seven within 50metres
I thought we were discussing a shop in America?????:dk:

I remember when we were in Spain...had 3 main types of police there - local police - friendly and easy going...Traffic Police ....not so friendly ..and the Guardia Civil....not at all friendly...:D more of a quasi state army - a spin off from the Civil war..

But I seem to digress.........

When I was in Gibraltar back in the sixties buying a gun was easy. In a small supermarket type shop between the eggs and the baked beans was a cabinet of hand guns. So with the groceries we bought 2 Beretta pistols and ammunition.

So not only in the USA, at least then.

When I was in Gibraltar back in the sixties buying a gun was easy. In a small supermarket type shop between the eggs and the baked beans was a cabinet of hand guns. So with the groceries we bought 2 Beretta pistols and ammunition.

So not only in the USA, at least then.
I think it was the military weapons that caught my eye and they were definitely not freely available in Gibralter :)

At least I never saw any signs like this :)

rentals.jpg

Yes it is that same store in America :)

A bit like learning to fly a plane without wanting to know how to land it.......:rolleyes:

Only in America.....would they put optics on a 1940's Sten Mk II gun......

Most US military (at least the ones I've meet) have never fired a rifle without optics......it makes you wonder....

Only in America.....would they put optics on a 1940's Sten Mk II gun......

Most US military (at least the ones I've meet) have never fired a rifle without optics......it makes you wonder....

Sorry I can't see any optics in that pic -- I can see a gun and a bayonet...

Oh I see now -- you meant in John's Pic...DOH

I thought we were discussing a shop in America?????:dk:

I thought we were discussing about guns in shops in america:dk:
You could always report the post if it offends you. i see crockers post escaped the flak

Last edited:
I'm trying to justify a M249 (that's the fat machine gun in the foreground, left side) for home defense. If memory serves, it fires at about 800rpm........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom