Only in England!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting slant that it was at a Roman Catholic faith school.

Is a beard 'dress code' though?

Also, did you mean England or The United Kingdom?

Interesting slant that it was at a Roman Catholic faith school.

Exactly my point,

it would appear that the two boys were of the muslim faith, and refused to shave their beards on religious grounds. Yet they happily attend a RC faith school:confused:

But of course the Muslim boys would possible attend a Muslim faith school after school school.

Not many Catholics carrying rosaries and wearing crosses Ill be bound at the after school school.

(Loving the way the forum is allowing a little slack on some subjects now)

Exactly my point,

it would appear that the two boys were of the muslim faith, and refused to shave their beards on religious grounds. Yet they happily attend a RC faith school:confused:
I went to a 'normal' comprehensive in the 90's and if you went to school with any sort of stubble/growth, you'd be sent home until you came back clean shaven.

I returned to boarding school for my (entirely unsuccessful) Oxbridge term from a summer in Gibraltar, all of which was spent in the dockyard doing labouring in the blacksmiths shop. I had the most tremendous beard as a result of not shaving. Arriving a day early, my housemaster complimented me on the beard and then said, shave it off before I see it again.

To this day I have no idea how I was able to tolerate growing an itchy beard in 30+ degree heat and close to 100% relative humidity. When I had my hand op this summer I couldn't shave and it was torture.

Since working for a dreadful boss who tongue would compulsively lick his beard I've always had a reservation about beardies (apart from on mariners where it seems totally appropriate - preferably with wooden lag and parrot, oh and Sikhs, but without the parrot and leg business). A bit like people who wear bow ties outside of formal occasions. I'm even more iffy about moustaches except when waxed on NCOs and Rajputs. Obviously I don't mean waxed as in Brazilians etc as then they wouldn't have a moustache.

Last edited:
Somehow I dont find it funny :/

Me neither, my daughter went to an RC school very strict and enforced dress and appearance code, no earings, no studs, no make up, trimmed beards and goatees allowed but no bushes.

I'm glad a head teacher has had the balls to enforce the school policy instead of buckling under PC pressure should be more like him/her and get some discipline back into schools.

we should ban beards in public.

just saying.

Yeah, often hear that from hermaphrodites and eunuchs.
This ritual self-emasculation is popular with less...manly men, I hear.

Just saying.

Nice to know that the rest of the UK is safe from this scourge of non-news.

I went to a R.C. School regular hair (head) and uniform inspections. Not up to standard and off you go. Me and a few others were sent home one day for having long hair (barely touching the shirt collar) so we went to the Newcastle Chronicle who took our picture and slapped it on the front page. When my father saw it I was promptly marched to the local barber ( they nearly all had limps then!) for a traditional short back and sides, hence why I've never appeared in a Rock band. Mind you when the school later turned into a Comprehensive and lads turned up with long hair and the demon of all things, a haversack, those poor Priests didn't know which way to turn!

Beards are ok but not on baldies, sort of like living in an upside down World

Me neither, my daughter went to an RC school very strict and enforced dress and appearance code, no earings, no studs, no make up, trimmed beards and goatees allowed but no bushes.

I think a ban on the last item in your list would have been rather awkward to enforce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom