Only number it knows is 'MB'....grrr!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flackadder

Car
C220 Sport 125 edition Cdi Blue Efficiency 5dr Auto Diesel Estate. W204.
Not sure what has gone wrong over last few days but, car only seems to want to call MB ?

Reset Command. Told iPhone to forget Bluetooth to car. Reconnected etc. Still it just wants to call MB.

Most likely a setting someplace on phone that is blocking access to my address book....probably !

Any help gratefully accepted :)

Would be shocked if my mother answered as she passed away some years back...I thank you for reminding me.

And re' your second suggestion...I guess you just do not know of a fix, or you are just having a heat stroke moment ?

Last edited:
On the basis you have an iPhone and a facelift W204 (i.e MY2012 onward, (March 2011 build))
a) Have you just updated the software version of the iPhone? (i.e did it change and cause this problem)
b) In the actual bluetooth pairing (i.e, when paired, look at the pairing) you can turn on/off what part of the address book is sent (all, just certain groups, none)
c) Have you added a phone book entry with strange characters in it which may be confusing the bluetooth in the head unit

Cheers
Richard

Thanks for reply. I have checked iphone and un-ticked then re-ticked all the options and now seems to be working fine. Thanks for the tip.

have you "deauthorised" the phone in the car? so it goes through a full pairing.

Tried the 'deauthorised' option first, though that never worked. Seems to be working fine now after I un-ticked and re-ticked all the options on phone !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom