Only one in the country?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdrrco

MB Enthusiast
Car
X218 CLS500 AMG BlueEfficiency Sport Shooting Brake - name almost as long as the car... & W202 C200
Today I've put a deposit on a magnificent looking car, which I think may actually be unique.

Mercedes-Benz CLS CLS500 V8 4.7 BLUEEFFICIENCY AMG SPORT £18,995

It's a 2012 CLS500 Shooting Brake with the 4.7tt V8 engine,

First owner was MB, then one private owner since 2014. My question is how it comes to be here at all. I understood that the only petrol Shooting Brakes in the UK were the full-blown AMG 63s with all the others being diesel, but here it is with a proper GB&NI data card from the VIN number.

It's not a problem, because the 4.7 will suit my low mileage perfectly and certainly much better than a diesel, but I am intrigued.

Can anyone shed any light on the subject?

Couldn’t comment on the rarity I’m afraid but lovely Car and great colour combination.

Oddly the CLS shooting brake is rare anyway yet so many petrol heads seem like them.

Enjoy your new purchase mate. :)

Lovely car, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Strange how quickly things change, only a few years ago most sunroofs would look like yours, now they are nearly all panoramic.

Good Find! That looks great nice balance of power and refinement i reckon.

Lovely car, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Strange how quickly things change, only a few years ago most sunroofs would look like yours, now they are nearly all panoramic.
I agree. I have had a sunroof on every car for the last 30 years and it was a "nonnegotiable" on whatever car I bought this time. However, my current E has the panoramic and it's a right Royal pain in the proverbial. Firstly, the vast expanse of glass really overheats the cabin on sunny days, the mesh blind providing little protection compared to the more solid blind on an old-fashioned sunroof. Secondly, the roof cannot be tilted unless the blind is open, so you overheat from the greenhouse effect and thirdly, because the blind is electric, you have to wait for two electric devices to close before you get out of the car instead of just pulling the blind quickly across with a traditional sunroof. First world problems undoubtedly, but that's my humble opinion for what it's worth!

I wouldn't normally option a sunroof but am pleased that MB has kept the 'old' style on the current CLS rather than switching to a pano since they insist on bundling it with other options.

Stunning car, enjoy it!

Brilliant. I saw a 350 petrol in SB format for sale a year or so ago. May have been specd in Germany as they only offered diesels over here as you say.

Great find!

Congrats on a lovely looking car - they've been on my radar for a while, but I still need the bigger capacity of my R class at the moment. Great price too.

Nice looking car.
I'd much prefer no sunroof to a panoramic but having a tilt and slide roof would be my first choice overall.

Id have had a shooting brake if I could have found one in budget. Shame they didn't sell well enough for MB to make one for this gen.

So much car for the money!

Stunning new toy.
95 k to sub 20 k in 6 years is a lot of depreciation, I am glad I did not not buy in new !. Lovely colour and sumptious interior. Is it just me or in pic 3 do the rear lights look like a big pair of lips with some shiny white teeth inside.?
How long before you collect it ?? Exciting times for you.

Steve

What a great looking car! I’m envious - if the 4.7tt had ever been offered in an E class estate I’d love to have had one.

It could well be unique: howmanyleft lists 1 CLS500 AMG Bluefficiency Sport Auto and then another 17 CLS500 Bluefficiency Sport Auto - but of course hardly any CLS were the shooting brake model so most of those 18 will be the saloon (howmanyleft doesn’t list by body style). Even if there’s another 1 or 2 our there, surely none will be in this colour, spec and condition.

Today I've put a deposit on a magnificent looking car, which I think may actually be unique.

Mercedes-Benz CLS CLS500 V8 4.7 BLUEEFFICIENCY AMG SPORT £18,995

It's a 2012 CLS500 Shooting Brake with the 4.7tt V8 engine,

First owner was MB, then one private owner since 2014. My question is how it comes to be here at all. I understood that the only petrol Shooting Brakes in the UK were the full-blown AMG 63s with all the others being diesel, but here it is with a proper GB&NI data card from the VIN number.

It's not a problem, because the 4.7 will suit my low mileage perfectly and certainly much better than a diesel, but I am intrigued.

Can anyone shed any light on the subject?
Lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom