Only one month to go !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

malc_n

Car
CLS350cdi
Stumbled across the site late last week, and registered and have read loads, though in return I should make a contribution, although really its a veiled request for more info...

I have an e270cdi avantgarde on order, should be with me mid July apparently, and following the comments on the forums I am now unsure as to the best place to have it serviced... I live about ten minutes drive from Greenoaks Slough, and a similar distance from the MB dealership in Beaconsfield, and i work not far from Basingstoke, so there do seem to be a few options.... I have read some good stuff on the Basingstoke dealer, anyone used the one in Beaconsfield ?

I'm looking forward to getting the car (first Mercedes), its the next stage in my transition to sensible motoring, following a couple of Fiat Coupe's and an Alfa 156 V6 - which I claimed had to be sensible as it had 4 doors... I've used SGT in Taplow for my Alfa servicing, so have got used to actually getting some service following my years driving Fiats ! I was hoping to get comparable or better service with the new car, but not so sure now... as an aside, I have an Audi A6 loan car at the moment, and have had to have it serviced, the dealer was very good (Martins in Basingstoke)...

Cheers

Malc

Hi Malc, welcome to the club. I'm sure your going to love the car when you get it.

What options did you go for, colour, auto/manual etc?

Richard.

Malc,

This is just my own personal perspective and experience .... I have had nothing but absolutely positives about Tony Purslow in Basingstoke - and would personally wholeheartedly recommend them every single time without hesitation.

As an aside - I vaguely recall reading somewhere that they were recently awarded MB dealer of the year for the 2nd year running. Note - I'm not absolutely sure on that - I'm sure someone else could confirm exactly what it was (unless I dreamt it!).

My only other experience is Greenoaks - which is all from other MB owners at work who had nothing but negative feedback about them. And even though Greenoaks are 5 mins away (South Ascot) I still went for Tony Purslow (about a 10 min walk from work).

Note the Greenoaks comments above are my own personal opions, is strictly hearsay and does not officially reflect the opinions of all other members and owners of this board - in an offical capacity or not.

As for SGT - yes - I would fully agree and believe it or not Tony Purslow are even better (though I don't think you'll ever get a nicer or kinder salesman than Julian).

And welcome to the board. I hope you find it as useful and as friendly as I have.

Last edited:
Hi Richard
Went for an Auto, with Leather, CD Changer, audio 50 APS, Nokia car kit and Parktronic. Ended up going for Brilliant Silver, it was the only colour that both the missus and I liked...

Malc

Cheers Kinky, once I get the car I'll have a drive down there and have a look.

Thanks again

Malc

Ask for Mike Donelly.

He's the asst. service manager - and he's the guy I've dealt with the most. Lovely lovely chap - easily sit there all day chatting about your car!

Welcome Malc.

Enjoy your new car as much as I love mine. This is my forth MB and definitely the BEST.:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom