Oo go on then - Pimp my Van :) Let the Forum Decide !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We have just taken delivery of a Fiat Ducato Sportivo. Nicely pimped from the factory with nav,rear cam, alloys, leather steering wheel,front fogs and air con. Bigger HP engine than standard van and goes like stink.

Well still no van as I'm waiting on Mr khan to confirm he is going to give 7 grand to scrap my old van (35 days later when supposedly supposed to get an answer within 10 days grrrr)

Anyway so accumulating parts but given up on the exterior and now concentrating on the interior. As I want to retain the front bench I've bought these and going to try and build my own bench out of the rear seats, angle grinder at the ready :)

Spot the Mercedes influence !

s-l400 (3).jpg

s-l400 (2).jpg

Nooooo, Do NOT give up on the exterior.

When my previous red Sprinter got sun-burnt, or bleached by the sun, I asked the same question as your goodself and the clear winner was a suggestion by a good friend called Dieselman

This was his suggestion:

My van.jpg

Sadly my wife did not approve and it ended up looking like this:

Foffside_JGS6093.jpg

That one went and here is another colour scheme for you although this is my latest 'stretched limo' which now has chromed wing mirrors and door handles

Van DSC_0040ac.jpg

Nice :)

Well finally got the van last week. Gave up on waiting for the 7 grand from Mr Khan (what with TFLs problems probably be waiting forever) Waited so long the grey and silver ones had all gone so had to buy the white one. Got the wheels on and currently fitting a double din and reverse camera. The bench seat is too small so the Merc seats are a no no so back to the drawing board for the interior. The ply lining is being fitted Friday so the conversion to the dog boudoir can start next week. 20 square metres of carpet to go in. Should keep me busy of lockdown :)

Nice :)

Well finally got the van last week. Gave up on waiting for the 7 grand from Mr Khan (what with TFLs problems probably be waiting forever) Waited so long the grey and silver ones had all gone so had to buy the white one. Got the wheels on and currently fitting a double din and reverse camera. The bench seat is too small so the Merc seats are a no no so back to the drawing board for the interior. The ply lining is being fitted Friday so the conversion to the dog boudoir can start next week. 20 square metres of carpet to go in. Should keep me busy of lockdown :)
When you say the Merc seats are a 'no no' is that from a comfort point of view or purely for looks? I only ask this as we chose the more expensive Mercedes seats for our 'stretched limo' and my wife, aka the boss loves them, she drives from Devon to Lincolnshire and at the end of the journey, no aches or pains........ and the wife does not complain either :)

When you say the Merc seats are a 'no no' is that from a comfort point of view or purely for looks? I only ask this as we chose the more expensive Mercedes seats for our 'stretched limo' and my wife, aka the boss loves them, she drives from Devon to Lincolnshire and at the end of the journey, no aches or pains........ and the wife does not complain either :)

Its a no no just because they do no physically fit in the gap available ! I bought a replacement bench seat, stripped down and wanted to mount the left and right sections of the merc rear bench (dumping the centre section) to the frame but but just that little bit too wide and would have blocked the handbrake. Ive fitted the merc driver seat but will now need to get my original bench retrimmed to match the merc seat (vinyl and alcantara with red stitching) but my trimmer has a 6 month waiting list so will be getting a ebay special seat cover for the time being. The trimmer has promised to do my door card inserts quicker though !

He thinks im mental and should leave a work van well alone but he ho :)

IMG_20201114_114849328.jpg

Very nice,
Our single seats are more of a commercial type, my wife sets her weight on a dial and then has four levers for the various adjustments plus the lever for forward or back adjustment. Yours look very nice and hopefully they are as comfortable as the ones we have in our limo :)

Very nice,
Our single seats are more of a commercial type, my wife sets her weight on a dial and then has four levers for the various adjustments plus the lever for forward or back adjustment. Yours look very nice and hopefully they are as comfortable as the ones we have in our limo :)

Your average van seat is designed with fat builder types in mind and as im a long streak of pi££ the W177 seat is substantially more comfortable for me :) Just now need to sort out a lo tec way of getting the can bus seat heater to work :)

Booked in to have my bump strips wrapped.

Elderberry purple gloss

Blingadingatastic

b2aa73_af4a8712acbd4ce9829ad6ad5ce0c49f_mv2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom