Oooh! - Ipod Interface

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pos.k

Car
C220 CDI Estate, Alpine White; Jaguar F-Type Coupe Salsa Red AMG SLC 43 Brilliant Blue
My ipod interface arrived today at 12.05.

Just finished installing and testing. works a treat, and pretty straightforward to fit. (If you've read Richards instructions that is! Thanks Richard!:thumb:)

50 minutes. :cool:

Part number is B6 782 42 32
Works fine in my 08 model W209 with COMAND APS (DVD version)

Only tricky part is tucking the extra connector and cable away below the COMAND.

Pos.k,

Did you have much trouble removing the switch block and air con controls?

Ta

No, they were straight forward - I struggled the first time when I installed the COMAND, but I've dragged it out a couple of times since to sort early antenna issues.

The problem I originally had was with the top row of buttons - getting enough leverage to unclip the right hand side, but have since used the convenient hook in the car manual pack that is provided for just that purpose, (and possibly for resetting the headrests - but we've discussed that before:wallbash:)

Sounding good to me, I remember the hook thing now you mention it :doh:

How much of the glovebox area has to be unfastened?

Sorry to pick your brains :crazy:

On a CLK there are just 2 torx screws to drop the panel under the glovebox.

Does this iPod kit have the hidden volume setting menu?

Entering Diagnostic Mode:
Plug in your iPod, select AUX input and select the Audio iPod display on the cluster.

Now hold down the "telephone hangup" and "down arrow" buttons for about 10 seconds. The display will change to the diagnostic display and show the SW version of the iPod controller

After a few seconds it will change to show the HW version

After a few more seconds it will switch to showing the current volume setting

If you now press the up arrow the volume setting will increase and the display will change to show the higher volume setting

Pressing the down arrow will set it back to the low volume settings.

If you don't touch any buttons for a few seconds the system will then switch back to the normal audio display.

If you do not get any of these menus or only get the Software and Hardware versions then your iPod kit does not support the volume setting

I found that you need the in line amplifier for the amplitude setting feature to work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom