Oooh La La!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
New sneak video on the 2011 SLK !
[YOUTUBE]uhSNF-5wIb0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Hmmm, looks like they've stuck the now omnipresent butch ugly corporate MB nose on to what was a really attractive car.

Then they let it be driven by someone who likes Apples and wind chimes, doesn't put his seat belt on, and has no powers of observation. All with a cod Froggie pseud voiceover.

Put me right off!

It's still better though than having to stare at that Audi in the news section here.

^^^ Hairdressers won't like it!!!!! ;):D

One good thing about this model, is that the previous, better looking model will now drop in price!

front is a bit SLS (a bad thing - I liked the SLS from the media images but didn't like it when I saw it in the flesh - surprised & disappointed), rear quarter & mirrors look better

So, is the SLK REALLY a girlie car? This just might put me off buying one! :eek:

So, is the SLK REALLY a girlie car? This just might put me off buying one! :eek:

Well the saying goes something like this.

The successful business man from Germany drives the S class, buys the wife the sl, and for his daughter, the slk....

obviously, this was originally in german, and i prob lost it in translation, but i think the SLK is a fantastic car. The SL is too wide for city driving, the SLK is a good compromise in all.

my neighbour 2 doors away is 60 yrs old, owner of successful butchers "nigel fredericks" and he drives an SLK.

my other neighbour opposite me owns P J Bridgman & Co, again a national successful company in garden furniture and he drives an SL... i really think i does not matter what you drive, as long as you are comfortable and able to control and manage the power and dimensions of the car!

everyone is different.. and sometimes fast power delivery is not what buying cars is about...

Hmmm, looks like they've stuck the now omnipresent butch ugly corporate MB nose on to what was a really attractive car.

Then they let it be driven by someone who likes Apples and wind chimes, doesn't put his seat belt on, and has no powers of observation. All with a cod Froggie pseud voiceover.

Put me right off!

Did someone get out of bed on the wrong side this morning? :) The only time I saw him not wearing his seat belt was when he was at a standstill.

Personally, I'm in two minds about the new grille. Certainly not as sleek as the R171's, but the more I look at it the more I see it as a reincarnation of the Pagoda's, albeit thrust forward a little in the interests of complying with passenger safety regulations.

I also like the way MB has maintained the tradition of giving the new one a USP in the form of MAGIC SKY CONTROL, leaving the SL to play catch-up - just like the R170 had the Vario-roof and the R171 had Airscarf.

Nice also to see a few other options becoming available, particularly Distronic and the Intelligent Light System (so no more trips to the dealership every time you want to drive in mainland Europe).

I think it's likely I will replace my SLK with the new one, but I will wait to see (and try) it in the flesh before deciding.

Another 2011 SLK home movie-- featuring Nico Rosberg! Demos the new sunroof thingy! [YOUTUBE]W06Tyhnmh3E&feature=player_embedded#![/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom