OOOoops!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzowner

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.6Diesel
Got caught doing 62mph approaching th bridge tolls on the new Severn Crossing, its now a 50mph limit. No excuses or arguments from me, I will await my punishment :(

Was it a Gatso camera Geoff? How do you know you were caught?

Last edited:
:( :( tough luck m8 :( what a way to end the year - better luck next year :D

RichardM said:
Was it a Gatso camera Geoff? How do you know you were caught?
Had the letter this morning :( , loads of cameras all over the M4 at this point, its a fairly new speed limit and they must be making a mint
Edit by Geoff, received the intended prosecution letter addressed to my wife who is the registered keeper, but alas, I know I was driving, was on my way to pick up my motorbike :bannana: (for the bike)

Last edited:
I don't think there are fixed cameras on the toll approach, I have seen the "Safety Camera Team" van on one of the bridges a few times on that stretch.

I came steaming up to the Severn tolls Christmas Eve forgetting about the new limit, it was late and very dark so I may have gotten away with it.

Geoff, I can't say how sorry I am, and thanks for the tip (I'll be going that way soon). Last time I was in the area, I passed some road works at the M4/M5 junction, there was a temporary speed sign of 50mph, shortly followed (about 100m) by a 40mph sign, and a Gatso in the middle! Another money making scheme?

Protection against a driving ban: I drive for work, so a licence is essential to me. There is an insurance company in Jersey my colleagues and I use, who would insure one against a driving ban as a result of speeding. The insurance will pay for a hired driver to ferry the banned driver around for the duration of the ban. That company would normally accept clients with 6 points or less. Geoff, if you haven't got 6 points, and if you need your car, and if being caught driving too fast is likely to occur again - give them a ring!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Blue Lightning, its the first time I've been caught since 1988, even on two wheels, but as I always say bikers are exempt from that sort of thing :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom