Ooops!! slightly 'grazed' my Car Today !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stwat

MB Enthusiast
Car
1989 W126 300 SE
SPM_A0012.jpg

SPM_A0011.jpg

A bloody gatepost jumped out at me from nowhere !! :wallbash::wallbash:

Sorry to hear, that looks quite bad but a decent body shop can fix that in no time.

PS don't bother with your insurance, will be under £300, I did a similar thing to my old car. Easily done in a seconds lapse of concentration.

I managed to scrape both sides of my van in one entranceway a while back.

I got it wrong going in, got it wrong getting out.
It was a lot narrower than it looked.

But I am lucky in that I don't really care.

I'm searching the tinterwebnet for a replacement door in smoke silver as that seems to be the best option at the moment.

Stu , I can easily get you a Sacco panel from one of the cars breaking up here . I presume the door would need paint and is too bad to polish out ? Hard to tell from the photo .

Bad luck. Don't suppose the gnome in the back seat thought of warning you about the gate?

;)

Sorry about the scrape! I changed a door on a Jazz I sold for a friend a little while ago. £100 against nearly £500 for painting the side. No dents and at firsts glance it looks fine, but it really is a problem to get the metallic colours to match!:eek:
If you look in the reflection you can see a Mercedes star!

Last edited:
Ouch, replacement door is a good option but as others have said colour match may be tricky it's quite likely to look a little out.

I changed the front wing on our W203 after a light bump to another 744 Brilliant Silver one it didn't look quite right for a while - when it went in for it's warranty rust repair I paid extra to get it resprayed & blended in.

Sorry about the scrape! I changed a door on a Jazz I sold for a friend a little while ago. £100 against nearly £500 for painting the side. No dents and at firsts glance it looks fine, but it really is a problem to get the metallic colours to match!:eek:
If you look in the reflection you can see a Mercedes star!

It looks to me like you have an Alabaster Silver Jazz with a Storm Silver Metallic rear door!

We have a Storm Silver Metallic Jazz which is how I know.

My misses scraped her wheel arch a few moons ago and I used a place who repaired and matched it perfectly - you cannot see the repair at all so it is possible.

It looks to me like you have an Alabaster Silver Jazz with a Storm Silver Metallic rear door!

We have a Storm Silver Metallic Jazz which is how I know.

My misses scraped her wheel arch a few moons ago and I used a place who repaired and matched it perfectly - you cannot see the repair at all so it is possible.

No, I did check the paint colours were the same!:) (Allegedly)
But then I spotted this one in town today with exactly the same disease:confused:! Maybe it's catching!

Last edited:
I'll bear that look in mind should we need the door respraying!

:D

Stu , I can easily get you a Sacco panel from one of the cars breaking up here . I presume the door would need paint and is too bad to polish out ? Hard to tell from the photo .

Hi Derek. I would really appreciate that mate. Could you get me a price please:)

I have managed to push the dent out from behind and used a small piece of wood to manipulate the dent out on the lower crease. It just needs a skim of filler and some paint now. I'l prep it all myself then get a price from a good place I know to paint it and blend it in. I may as well get a few other area's touched in whilst I'm at it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom