Opel Monza Anyone ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scott_F

MB Enthusiast
I haven't seen one of these for a long time but I happened to come across what looks like quite a nice one this afternoon:

Monza2.png

And it's a for sale:

Monza1.png

Monza3.png

Disclaimer: Nothing to do with me I was just passing !

Like them, never had one but had 3 Senators a long time ago :rolleyes: nice motors :)

3.0L beast... I had two Omegas, but that was well after the Senator and Monza where no longer being made.

So it's a 40 years' old car.... I do remeber wanting one. I am that old :(

Nice car, and looks in good nick! Never been a great fan of the hatchbacks personally (Monza or Manta) ... the saloon/coupe versions look much nicer to me :)

I had a Cavalier Coupe (pretty rare):

Vauxhall.jpg

My Dad had a 3.0 Vauxhall Senator saloon in the late 80s / early 90s that I think was on a C plate. It was a nice enough car but had an awful digital dash that seemed a bit Amstrad even then.

My Dad had a 3.0 Vauxhall Senator saloon in the late 80s / early 90s. It was a nice enough car but had an awful digital dash that seemed a bit Amstrad even then.

I had an '80s Maestro VDP with a digital dash that talked as well :D

Yep proper wheel in the Maestro :) Was actually a pretty decent car ... I got a Montego estate after that which was great to drive and very practical but rusted like hell.

That drivers side wing is a different colour from the bonnet and its been on sale for some time judging by the sign.

Ever read the first few chapters of Stephen King's Christine?

I haven't seen one of these for a long time but I happened to come across what looks like quite a nice one this afternoon:

And it's a for sale:

Disclaimer: Nothing to do with me I was just passing !
I preferred the Manta

My sister & her hubby had a previous incarnation (Opel Commadore) GS/E (mid 70s) as he was in the army BFG, nice throaty straight 6.

That gold one looks to be in good nick, retro cool, and when was the last time you saw one? :rock:

FFS Buy it now. Whatever the price. Jeff Lynne will pay you magabux with that plate. ELO were at their peak in 1979.

Ahh, that grand old Yorkshire group , Eee 'ello :)

i like the Monza, especially the GSI which was the big GM GT car of Europe when I was in my early teens. The first car I bought after I got my license was an 84 Manta GTE coupe. It was black and had the 400 bonnet and twin headlights. It looked fantastic but terribly dangerous. The steering was so heavy that I would sweat driving it even at 40mph. It eventually got used it. The car is long gone but I still have the arms :)

FFS Buy it now. Whatever the price. Jeff Lynne will pay you magabux with that plate. ELO were at their peak in 1979.

The Vauxhall Royal Coupe!
Opel Monza sounds much better. Love them both.

Tell Jeff that I've a S123 with ELO *** Y, and he can PM me, if bothered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom