Open All Hours - New Christmas special

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Based in my great town, no less...

I hope Sir David has picked the right script, it would be a shame to not enhance the legacy, a great program. Who was the woman who used to come in and squeeze the life out of loaves of bread to Arkwright's annoyance?

Based in my great town, no less...

Oops, all these years I've been under the misapprehension that it was set in Lancashire, just like Last of The Summer Wine.;)

I'll go and take a photo tomorrow of what the shop now looks like and post it up.

For what reason, I'm not too sure.

It used to be a hairdressers I believe.

It used to be a hairdressers I believe.

Still is I passed it at the weekend, I was never sure why they filmed it there but Ronnie barker had quite a connection to Doncaster and was always in town for some event or another.

I wasn't being sarky in prev post, I'd looked it up first. Even now I live closer by, some of the accents on the Pennines are similar to my ears.

(surprised no-one leapt to rightfully claim Last of The Summer Wine for the White Rose. At least we have Wallace & Gromit on our side- but Peter Sallis sounds awfully similar in both- then again, he is from Twickenham).

open all hours, yet at the end of every episode you see him shutting up shop....

How can you make an episode without the star of the show?

I was thinking that.

I am going to watch it with the absolute belief it will not be as good and will be a terrible disappointment. Then either way I won't be disappointed.

That thought crossed my mind. A tough act to follow.

At least nur nur nur nurse Gladys-emmanuel is in it.

:bannana:

I sometimes watch the originals on Gold. Still really amusing and I think the Christmas special will be worth a try since it has both Granville and Nurse Gladys starring.

Are you inferring that Gran...Gran...Granville wasn't/isn't a st...st...star then :D

this will be good i'm sure. David Jason probably wouldnt do it if the script was poor.

Filmed in Doncaster over 3 days last week, SWMBO and JSWMBO went for a look.

OAO_zps6f305998.jpg

Hopes its as good as the originals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom