Open/close windows with key fob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLA180SPORT

Car
CLA 180
Is it possible to open/close the windows using the key fob on a CLA?

I left the window open yesterday and tried to close it by pressing and holding the lock button but nothing happened.

My previous two cars had this feature and I was pretty sure the CLA had it. Am I wrong?

Could that possibly mean it doesn't have it. I assume this since those that do have it...mention it in the manual.

renault12ts said:
Could that possibly mean it doesn't have it. I assume this since those that do have it...mention it in the manual.

I read somewhere it does.

Just been told on another forum it's called "convenience opening and closing"

I was looking under "key" that's why I couldn't find it.

Apparently the key has to be quite close to the car for it to work.

I would be very surprised if it didn't have full closure,my 202 has.

whitenemesis said:
"convenience opening and closing" is done via IR so fob needs to be pointing at the little window in the door handle

Thanks for that. :)

"convenience opening and closing" is done via IR so fob needs to be pointing at the little window in the door handle

On my C-Class the fob has to be pointing at the driver's door handle whilst holding down the 'unlock' or 'lock' button as required. It works for the sunroof too.

Same with the S-Class. The 'key' has to be aimed at the driver's door handle where the little black IR sensor is.

Is it possible to open/close the windows using the key fob on a CLA?

I left the window open yesterday and tried to close it by pressing and holding the lock button but nothing happened.

My previous two cars had this feature and I was pretty sure the CLA had it. Am I wrong?

If you put the key in the lock & hold it 'open' and all the windows etc open then you have the option at least - whether it works with the remote is another question - but if it doesn't work with the key you definitly don't have it!!

Hmm, I have tried the above on mine and it just doesn't seem to work. I would have thought a 2015 CLA200 would have this. I have to say there are things I would have thought would have been standrad on this car that just aren't there that were on my S60 R design.

I love the look of this car, but it is becoming a disappointment for features. :(

Hmm, I have tried the above on mine and it just doesn't seem to work. I would have thought a 2015 CLA200 would have this. I have to say there are things I would have thought would have been standrad on this car that just aren't there that were on my S60 R design.

I love the look of this car, but it is becoming a disappointment for features. :(
If its not a premium plus or premium then it will most likely be poverty spec like many other mb models even tho they might seem to be a prestige vehicle because of the 3 pointed star..

Well I have only had my car a few weeks and only found this forum a little while ago. A guy has questions. ;)
Don't worry I was in your position when I first purchased my first mercedes which was a w212 E250cdi 2009 many years ago.. I now have a w205 c class premium plus with distronic cruise control, heads up display, panoramic roof, real leather seats, lane assist etc I would say easily over £10k in options..

On my Vito, as pointed out above, you have to be stood near the door handle for it to work which is fine if you forget to close it but pointless when opening as when you unlock it, it starts venting the air via the climate control on a hot day but you may just as well open the door and stand there for few seconds whilst the heat build up vents out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom